*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:21 am

no collusion=no veto

plain and simple to the point
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Colt » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:27 am

Why is everyone so down on this trade? These are two WR's who are performing at very similar levels this season. You cant' say it's unfair, some of you calling it a clear ripoff, just because TO is a bigger name. From every indication, Roy will be just as big a star as TO.

Fantasy is not about having the best names on your roster. It's about having the best statistical production in your starting line-up. I'll wager that the Lions have a much easier schedule than the Iggles, which could easily translate to better production for Roy.

Would you guys also gripe about someone trading Thomas Jones for Edgerrin James? But Edge is a bona fide stud, right, and a big name player so he must be better? Jones is a fantasy monster right now, outproducing every player in the league from a fantasy standpoint. I bet the Bears have a softer schedule than the Colts, and Edge always seems to be banged up.
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:38 am

problem is that the eagles schedule is pretty easy for TO.

But he could have figured that they will be about equal, however, he fixes a bye problem he has too. Maybe he isn't worried about this week, but is next week?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:43 pm

is this a dynasty? if not then you got a sweet deal. if it is, you still got a sweet deal, but its a little more fair. That commish sounds like an ass. the reason behind his vetoing was such bull. you should find out what the other league members have to say and plan some sort of action. good luck
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JR_ffc » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:07 pm

As a rule, I won't veto a trade unless it reeks of collusion. I'm not as convince as some on this string that the deal is close to fair. I'd never give up TO for Williams even if they are performing similar right now. I don't think Williams will be able to keep up with TO in the long run. But that is simply my opinion and my opinion is no basis for vetoing someone elses trade. It's pretty arrogant.

Good luck in that league. Sounds like you have to simply sit tight, watch the waiver wire and play with what you've got.
JR_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:13 pm

You can tell by the "vetoer's" post that he wanted it vetoed simply to keep a competitive team from being even better by the statements that he made regarding in his opinion that the "vetoed's" team "was the 3rd best besides his and Dave's" (personal agenda to keep his team better) and that "people veto trades because they don't like having a good team making their team better" (no, people veto trades because of collusion).

While it could be anyone opinions that the trade is a ripoff or not, it's almost impossible to argue collusion with the production that both players are putting up. This dude had the trade vetoed simply to keep your team from becoming more competitive in his opinion. That's crap.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:34 pm

Gunslinger wrote:\

Vetoing trades simply to prevent teams from getting better is BS.

this is my league...sadly i cry away in my dark lonely corner...with awesome trade bait spoiling on my bench....boohoo :~( ...majority votes seems to work against me...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:52 pm

Do they expect you to trade to try to make your team worse? That argument doesn't make any sense.

I traded some of my bench players (who are pretty good because I drafted well) for Santana Moss and some guy complained about the trade. He complained because "your team got so much better and you really didn't have to give up anything."

That's the idea.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:56 pm

I think they have some reason to suspect you, because you two are both friends. Usually when I am in a league in which 2 people know each other pretty well, and then they make a lopsided trade, that will set off my collusion alarm. Nothing against you, but you have to admit it sounds pretty shady. But the reason they are giving is pretty dumb, so I am inclined to believe you.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:03 pm

A spokesman for holdout receiver Keenan McCardell's agent said the Kansas City Chiefs trade offer of Larry Johnson for McCardell was veteod by the AFC West coaches.

Earlier this week, Coach Mike Shanahan reiterated his desire to not let other teams improve.

``We don't want Kansas City to get better through skillful cap management and trades that would improve their team,'' Shanahan said. ``We'd prefer they go with the team they started the season with and hope that somehow one of their old injured receivers steps and becomes a big play threat. Sure that won't happen, but they shouldn't be allowed to use the trade rules that the NFL has set up to potentially improve their team."

Chiefs management could not be reached for comment.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk