*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

*Sigh....Y a league member vetoed my trade.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:07 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
A spokesman for holdout receiver Keenan McCardell's agent said the Kansas City Chiefs trade offer of Larry Johnson for McCardell was veteod by the AFC West coaches.

Earlier this week, Coach Mike Shanahan reiterated his desire to not let other teams improve.

``We don't want Kansas City to get better through skillful cap management and trades that would improve their team,'' Shanahan said. ``We'd prefer they go with the team they started the season with and hope that somehow one of their old injured receivers steps and becomes a big play threat. Sure that won't happen, but they shouldn't be allowed to use the trade rules that the NFL has set up to potentially improve their team."

Chiefs management could not be reached for comment.
LOL
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HunglikeChampions » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:50 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I think they have some reason to suspect you, because you two are both friends. Usually when I am in a league in which 2 people know each other pretty well, and then they make a lopsided trade, that will set off my collusion alarm. Nothing against you, but you have to admit it sounds pretty shady. But the reason they are giving is pretty dumb, so I am inclined to believe you.

IN fact everyone in the league knows each other, and The guy I am trading with and I are far from friends, I Have never met him, just played in a league with him before. HE loves to make moves, in ourbaseball league he has made over 300 moves this year and that is with him not participating much in the last month. He loves Roy and that was it. But I am glad people seem to side with me on this one. I agree the trade was not fair, but who was I to turn it down? it wasnt cheating so I accepted it, and the fact it was vetoed was kinda oexpetced with this group, but it was the reasoning behind it that got me mad. Not allowing a trade to go through becasue it will make my team better, hah. Thanks everyone for your input
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:34 pm

Offer him Roy and another player for TO this will make the trade more fair and if it still gets the veto leave the league after this yr.

Its no fun to play where people veto trades just to help their own teams win.

I mean if I have 4 good RBs and no WRs and you have 4 good WRs and no RBs, we should get together it will help both our teams.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:04 pm

Challie wrote:This brings up the age old question, should vetoes be used to protect FF idiots from hurting themselves? Or also to prevent teams from benefitting from others' stupidity?

Personally, I think a veto can & should be used in a case of extreme ripoffs, even if there's no collusion.

I disagree....FF is about matching your wits and knowledge against all the other owners in your league in an attempt to end up with the best team, soundly crush them all enroute to winning the league championship. Fair means playing by the rules (i.e. no collusion) and that includes making trades that benefit your team, hopefully more than it helps theirs. If there is a trade that is very lopsided then it is everyone's fault for allowing an unknowledgeable owner to join the league. That said, it is still a legal trade and hats off to the guy who got it done. Everyone else just wishes it had been them (FF trade envy!). As long as there is no collusion in the mix, leave it alone.....its part of FF. There is no way all, or even most trades will be equal.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk