Jamal Lewis enters PLEA AGREEMENT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis enters PLEA AGREEMENT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:01 pm

Amazinz wrote:The ABC News article mentions a Halfway House. I doubt he'll see actual prison time. It will be more like house arrest.

Can you imagine Jamal with a paroll officer?

"Jamal... where are yiou going?"

I'm going to Cleveland... I have a football game this weekend.

Jamal... you KNOW you arent supposed to leave the state..."

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:06 pm

So it's looking like Lewis will be fine for the season? Think it's OK to drop Chester Taylor for the time being to make room on a roster that's full of guys with high potential (Tatum Bell, SJackson, MPittman, etc.). I need a kicker for tomorrow and don't want to drop any of these guys.

Personally, I targeted Lewis earlier in the season via trade because I figured when push came to shove, he'd play the entire season. When will the NFL make a decision on punishment?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby KingNothing31685 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:33 pm

i think it's garbage that he may not serve any prison/house arrest time till after the season.....if some guy got picked up for doing the same thing he'd be rotting in jail.....if he was innocent he wouldve went to trial and been let off.....he clearly did something wrong....and deserves a prompt suspension.

god forbid you dance in the endzone after you score....but go ahead and deal coke after the game.

i love watching the nfl.....but they really are the no fun league. :-t
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby the original texan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:11 pm

ya i dont think that either. Its kind of a catch-22. I have him in one of my leagues. Hope he doesnt face jail time although it would make my decision of who to start easier.
"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas" - Sam Houston.
the original texan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rockingout » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:43 am

he's fine, he will get jail time after the season. nfl will slap him with a big fine.

oh did i mention a big fine! thats all
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCityFantasyFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
Amazinz wrote:The NFL isn't stalling yet. They can't do anything until the court finds him guilty. And from what I understand (my knowledge of law is not very good) if the D.A. allows him to plead 'No Contest' than the NFL will not be able to take action against him.
If he plea bargains, thats admitting guilt, so I don't think you can plea bargain and plead no contest at the same time.

Yes...this is EXACTLY right. I still don't think the league will take action other than a fine, though. (^)
Fantasy Football will make you go absolutely INSANE!
SinCityFantasyFreak
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:27 am

KingNothing31685 wrote:god forbid you dance in the endzone after you score....but go ahead and deal coke after the game.

i love watching the nfl.....but they really are the no fun league. :-t

Man, you are right. The NFL has screwed up priorities. Hey, here's an idea. Instead of ignoring the problem and sending out the idea that all you'll get is a minor slap on the wrist and a fine for doing this crap (i.e. breaking the law) how about you actually do something like SUSPEND HIM FOR A WHOLE SEASON. Then others will think twice at least before doing this stuff. :-t
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk