marvin harrison: buy low? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

marvin harrison: buy low?

Moderator: Football Moderators

marvin harrison: buy low?

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:35 pm

Should I try to trade for marvin harrison now since he's not producing like most people expected? will reggie wayne really take over the no. 1 wr spot from him like torry holt did to isaac bruce?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:43 pm

theres no way harrison will give up the number 1 spot in the near future. as far as buying low goes, harrison is one of the few guys that, barring injury, is never of low value. If some guy was trying to make lame deals for him off of me, Id tell him where to go. Harrison will get his yards and tds. and with the way manning is playing, how can you even consider him as a buy low guy?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:48 pm

i'm thinking about trading corey dillon and chris chambers for harrison and kevin jones
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:53 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:i'm thinking about trading corey dillon and chris chambers for harrison and kevin jones

sorry d00d but I think even a retard league would know not to do that trade...

And Harrison isn't dropping to you for crap players-you need studs to get him...
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:54 pm

true...but the guy has no running back....literally....he has thomas jones and kevin jones....and moe williams...not a lota options at rb
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheGZA » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:36 pm

there are now 2 "additional marvins" on the colts, and there is no reason to believe harrison will ever rival the value of a moss or TO this season. I drafted him at #13 b/c he fell to the 2nd round but regret my decision. I have watched all 3 of the colts' games so far and let me be the first to say if you buy into the hype that "peyton always looks first to marvin b/c he is such a disciplined route runner" then you will probably get ripped off if you think you are buying low on him.

I have never drafted a WR before the 5th round before and am quickly realizing why this worked so well for me in the past.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:52 pm

I was thinking the same way, buy low. Offered Tiki and R. Smith. Guy wouldn't bite and he has no running backs worth talking about...
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:57 pm

Buy him low if you can. Anything is worth a shot, but I'm not sure you can get him low.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:03 pm

TheGZA wrote:there are now 2 "additional marvins" on the colts, and there is no reason to believe harrison will ever rival the value of a moss or TO this season. I drafted him at #13 b/c he fell to the 2nd round but regret my decision. I have watched all 3 of the colts' games so far and let me be the first to say if you buy into the hype that "peyton always looks first to marvin b/c he is such a disciplined route runner" then you will probably get ripped off if you think you are buying low on him.

I have never drafted a WR before the 5th round before and am quickly realizing why this worked so well for me in the past.

Maybe this isnt the additional Marvin thing... remember that the dream team triplets will likely be split up after this year...

So far, it looks like Edgerrin James will be sent to Miami... where Edge wants to play, and so Colts can free up some much needed cap.

However, with the imergence of Wayne (and Stokley?), its possible that Marvin would be sent off.

In my opinion, Edge will still be the one to go off. But honestly, I think they BOTH should go. Craziness, I know... but think about it. Dominic Rhodes could emerge as a Rudi Johnson or Lee Suggs (not that I'm fond of Suggs... Green all the way), and easily pick up the slack. Or at least be serviceable. Marvin could be moderately replaced by Reggie Wayne, and for at least a little while longer by Stokley (he's getting up there...), and the Colts can draft WRs next draft, and pick up a decent veteren #3 or 4 in FA.

Am I crazy, or is anyone with me on this?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jerzey jetz » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:24 pm

"true...but the guy has no running back....literally....he has thomas jones and kevin jones....and moe williams...not a lota options at rb"

I'm not sure on the scoring of your league, but T.Jones happens to be the #1 scoring RB in my league.
jerzey jetz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk