Should a Commish change someone's lineup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should a Commish change someone's lineup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby THE RAGE » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:29 pm

Thanks for the replies....
This helped our league on this issue.
THE RAGE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:38 pm

THE RAGE wrote:What if someones inactivity goes for a few weeks? Should you let the team stay on cruise control?
We have this problem in our league.

Thanks

I'd just contact the owner and say " hey if you don't try we don't want you in our league next yr." thats rule one in our league.

Theirs no shame in losing but not trying sucks!!!!!!!!!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Acme Rockets » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:48 pm

If a team goes inactive for multiple weeks (3 or more) then it is the responsibility of the commish to take over management of the team or give it to a new owner. Dead teams kill leagues and cheat those who actually try.
Acme Rockets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gryphons » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:08 pm

I would definitely contact him. I was in a league where people started dropping out during the season, and not submitting proper line-ups, and frankly, it brought into question the very validity of the league. It is not a real league if some of the owners are playing some of the time. Its not fair to those who try. Also it is not fair down the road when some teams are basically getting a freebee when they face the team, but if you faced them earlier in the season you were actually having to play a competitive lineup. As stated, it will just bring into question the enitire validity of the league, and you will be very frustrated by the end of the season. Do something about it now, or tell your owners to forget about the league, and that its not valid.
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby King Zeus » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:19 pm

I'm commish of my league and that happened this week! I contacted him to inform him his player was on bye. Gave him the speech about updating lineups. He is new to our league, 10 team league with 8 that have been in for 15 yrs. He'll be watched and evaluated at the end of the season, if it is a persistant problem, he won't be back.
King Zeus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:20 pm

WRONG

You have to let a dead team go once it has been established as "dead".

Otherwise, some folk get easy wins against a phantom oppoenent, while others do not. It creates an unbalanced situation.;

If someone gets w in as ghost ship, you gotta let everyone else scheduled get a win too. at least it balances out.

Incidentally, that is why I advocate a penalty for coming in last. that way, people keep up on things.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dustyn » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:50 am

My advice would be this: contact him and remind him to fix his lineup. If he doesn't by Sunday at noon, manage it yourself. Send him a second warning saying that if he doesn't do something about his lineup for next week, you will find another owner to manage his team. No one gets a free W due to a phantom owner, and the league stays fully active.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:56 am

I'd probably call him and just see what's up. Maybe ask him not to tell the other guys you helped him out.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirtbags » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:57 am

dustyn wrote:My advice would be this: contact him and remind him to fix his lineup. If he doesn't by Sunday at noon, manage it yourself. Send him a second warning saying that if he doesn't do something about his lineup for next week, you will find another owner to manage his team. No one gets a free W due to a phantom owner, and the league stays fully active.

When you manage it yourself be sure to do so to your advantage. Never manage another team! Remind them to play or that they'll be replaced. Never manage another team!
Dirtbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:20 am

30 ReYd, 101 RuYd, RuTD (26)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk