Will Michael Vick get his WR's more involved in the offense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Michael Vick get his WR's more involved in the offense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Michael Vick get his WR's more involved in the offense?

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:57 pm

or will he just take the ball and run....selfish bastard :-#
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:07 pm

Lets just say he will do what it takes to win. He has never used his WR's that much. Remember the year they went to the playoffs with Brian Finneran and Shawn Jefferson as their WR's. He does not need a top tier WR to win. I say signing P. Price was just a waste of money, but back on topic, Vick will try to get them more involved, but when he feels just a bit of pressure, its off to the races.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Will Michael Vick get his WR's more involved in the offense?

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:08 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:or will he just take the ball and run....selfish bastard :-#

Well Dr. Zoidberg, I believe he isn't being selfish, its all he knows.

Personally, even before his injury, I have avoided Vick because of his erratic gameplay... he is going to get hurt even worse the next time, and I don't want to be out a 2nd round pick because of it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:58 pm

Has Vick ever even passed for 300 yds in a game?? I can't remeber the last time he even passed for over 200. Does he even know how to pass?? I see another Kordell Stewart in the making with this guy. And P. Price is in the wrong offense. He needs a QB can launch those deep balls, with accuracy. He should have parked his ass in Buffalo and never left. Would have been much better for his career.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:04 pm

fantasizing wrote:Has Vick ever even passed for 300 yds in a game?? I can't remeber the last time he even passed for over 200. Does he even know how to pass?? I see another Kordell Stewart in the making with this guy. And P. Price is in the wrong offense. He needs a QB can launch those deep balls, with accuracy. He should have parked his ass in Buffalo and never left. Would have been much better for his career.

I agree with all of the above, except for the statement about needing a QB who can throw deep with accuracy. GENERALLY, to find a QB with strength and accuracy is one genuine find... usually a QB will predominately have one or the other. One can not expect everything... that's why you get speed receivers... they can make the plays.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Has Vick ever even passed for 300 yds in a game?? I can't remeber the last time he even passed for over 200. Does he even know how to pass?? I see another Kordell Stewart in the making with this guy. And P. Price is in the wrong offense. He needs a QB can launch those deep balls, with accuracy. He should have parked his ass in Buffalo and never left. Would have been much better for his career.

I agree with all of the above, except for the statement about needing a QB who can throw deep with accuracy. GENERALLY, to find a QB with strength and accuracy is one genuine find... usually a QB will predominately have one or the other. One can not expect everything... that's why you get speed receivers... they can make the plays.

fair enough, but D. Bledsoe is certainly much more accurate than Vick, and you'll have to work extra hard to convince me that his arm strenght isn't as strong as Vick's. But as we all know, that doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't have time to throw the ball.....
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:27 pm

fantasizing wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

fair enough, but D. Bledsoe is certainly much more accurate than Vick, and you'll have to work extra hard to convince me that his arm strenght isn't as strong as Vick's. But as we all know, that doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't have time to throw the ball.....

exactly... every qb lacks something... whether it be quickness, accuracy, decision-making ability, arm strength, etc.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turd Burglar » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:44 am

I actually managed to trade Price this week - he might have a big game here and there, but the way this season is looking (not to mention last season), there's going to be more crappy weeks than good ones. Frustrating to have him take a roster spot and not produce.
Turd Burglar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheOmen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:47 am

He better get Price more involved this week. One big game is all I want so I can trade his ass. And Vick can't hit the side of a barn , so I doubt he will ever be a lights -out passer.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mudd » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:03 am

Some dope in one of my leagues traded C. Brown for P. Price. :-t

I agree with most here. Vick is just too inconsistent. I haven't watched all their games, but I don't think they have really even been taking shots down the field. Without that, I don't see any of the Falcon recievers being worth a darn.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk