Randy Moss Scuffle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Randy Moss Scuffle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss Scuffle

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:59 pm

I'm pretty sure this is the correct forum for something like this, looks like our boy Randy has gotten himself into a bit of trouble, tsk, tsk.

http://www.xposed.com/headline_news/16_ds_1053995.aspx
Randy Moss was fined $5,000 by the NFL for his role in a scuffle during last Sunday's game between the Vikings and Chicago Bears.

The league informed the Vikings on Friday about the fine against the star receiver, team spokesman Bob Hagan said Saturday.

Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, said he and his client had not received official notice from the league but will file an appeal when they do.

"It just seems to me like if anybody got fined it should have been the player with the illegal hit," DiTrapano said. "Players protect their teammates, and I think that's all Randy was doing."

The confrontation started after Bears safety Todd Johnson hit receiver Nate Burleson hard and late during a fourth-quarter incompletion. Johnson drew a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness because he appeared to lower his shoulder into Burleson's head.

Burleson didn't object to the hit at the time but Moss ran up to Johnson after the play. That touched off a shoving match between several players on both teams, and postgame accusations from Moss of dirty play, which Bears coach Lovie Smith disputed.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:44 am

Sounds like something TO of old might try to pull off...by the way, has anyone seen Owens get fined or a penalty for taunting yet? He seemed to have changed ways... ;-7
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk