Titans QB situation solved! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tennessee Titans

Titans QB situation solved!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titans QB situation solved!

Postby Slingblade » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:58 pm

thank god...i cant think of what would happened if volek played

The News
The Tennessee Titans resigned backup quarterback Neil O'Donnell to a two-year deal, meaning O'Donnell will return to the role he has held since 1999: Steve McNair's backup. "Neil brings a lot of exeprience to the table and is a quality backup," said Titans GM Floyd Reese. "In this league the quarterback is the most important backup position you have." Terms of the deal were not disclosed, and O'Donnell is expected to join the Titans immediately at their summer workouts.

Our View
O'Donnell is extremely familiar with the backup role in Tennessee, which primarily involves practicing with the first team all week and then watching McNair limp onto the field and carry the load. Neil has some fantasy value as a handcuff to McNair, but his biggest fantasy impact is as insurance that, should McNair go down, the Titans' offese wouldn't drop off dramatically under his direction.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:43 am

yeah but McNair could play if he lost a leg, only reason they need a back up is in case McNair goes to jail for drink driving and carrying a shooter with him at the same time :-o
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Tennessee Titans