League Leader TD's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League Leader TD's

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Leader TD's

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:00 pm

Just poppin in to say that Shaun Alexander will lead the league in TD's and quite possible rushing yards....

hey its been awhile.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Re: League Leader TD's

Postby Slingblade » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:19 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Just poppin in to say that Shaun Alexander will lead the league in TD's and quite possible rushing yards....

hey its been awhile.

its very possible
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:46 am

TD's maybe yardage no :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:17 am

how's he gonna do all that from the bench? ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:03 am

Slowkidz wrote:how's he gonna do all that from the bench? ;-)

He'll have a wonderful year on the bench, just like Holcombe :-o
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:04 am

Homeless wrote:

hehehe
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:05 am

Homeless wrote:

sad but true...lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:18 am

Substitute: "with Mike Holmgren" for "from the bench".

I'm from SEC country, and a HUGE Alexander fan, by the way.
The complete package and way, way, WAY underused at Seattle.
What I wouldn't give to see him with The Packers. Or the Chiefs. Or the Bucs. Or ... well. You get the idea.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:19 am

The one pay service I have ever bothered with, draftsharks.com, just released their Draft Guide, complete with player profiles, and here's what they say about Alexander (to the delight of Seahawks fans everywhere):

The experts’ rankings for Alexander are all over the board this summer (anywhere from 4th to 12th) , much different than last summer, when Shaun was a consensus top-3 RB with Faulk and Green. Why is this? After all, Shaun posted 18 total TDs, which placed him 2nd in the entire NFL behind only Priest Holmes (24). He had 6 games with at least 2 TDs, giving him a total of ten 2-TD games in only 29 career starts...amazing. In fact, Alexander has 34 scores in 707 touches over the last 2 seasons. That’s 1 TD every 20.8 times he touches the football. Marshall Faulk barely edges that ratio (1/20.5), and even Priest Holmes can’t quite match it (1/22.7). We’ll concede that his 1,175 rushing yards fell below expectations, and his abysmal start sort of tarnished his fantasy reputation last year. Shaun only logged 110 rushing yards and 1 TD in his first 3 games. He averaged 3.3 per carry over the first 10 games, and aside from the huge game vs. the hapless Vikings (5 TDs, 231 total yards) he only had one 100-yard effort before Thanksgiving. Problems were everywhere: Trent Dilfer returned too early on a sprained knee, and the O-line was a complete mess. RT Chris McIntosh went on I/R with a neck injury, LT Walter Jones (franchise player) held out for 2 games and was not 100% all season. The other 3 top linemen – Floyd Wedderburn, ‘Pork Chop’ Womack, and Steve Hutchinson – missed a total of 24 starts due to assorted injuries. OL Coach Tom Lovat was working with a patchwork unit for weeks, but the team never gave up. “Honestly, every week we practiced our butts off and we've gone out expecting to win,” said center Robbie Tobeck. Suddenly, the offense clicked, and Alexander began to find daylight. He logged 4.9 per carry, 7 TDs, and three 100-yard efforts over the last 6 games, and looked just like the fantasy stud he was in 2001. ‘Stud’ is a perfect term, given the injuries Shaun played through in ‘02: concussion, eye contusion, swollen knees, sore shoulder, back spasms, bruised foot, and a sprained ankle in the season finale. The offense actually ended up with franchise records – 347 first downs and 5,818 total yards – and a 4-2 streak to close the season. Seattle is better prepared for 2003, after signing OT Michael Thompson from Atlanta in case Walter Jones rejects his franchise tag again. Then they re-signed FB Mack Strong, who has helped Seattle tailbacks gain at least 1,100 rushing yards in 7of the last 9 seasons. Of course, they re-upped with WR Darrell Jackson as well. We’ll also point out that participation in the offseason-conditioning program was at an all-time high. The 2003 schedule is nice, with only 2 games against teams that ranked in the top-half in points allowed. Offensive coordinator Gil Haskell also stated he would use Shaun in the passing game more, as if 59 catches were not enough? The upside is too much too ignore. Draft Sharks is certain the stars are aligned for Shaun to reclaim elite fantasy status in 2003. In fact, we wouldn't at all be shocked if he finished the season as the top fantasy RB. (Jun 23, 2003)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:24 am

Now that is music to my ears. Suffered through the inconsistency with Shaun last year and will be keeping him for this year, too. One snot-nosed guy constantly kept talking up Garner (on his team) and trash-talking Alexander. Outside of his moster game with the Vikings, I didn't have a whole lot to fire back with. Of course, most weeks Alexander outperformed Garner, but there were times when Alexander was pretty pathetic looking. This year, I can't wait to crush the snot with Garner. I hope Shaun kicks it into high gear.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk