Bye-bye Q. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Bye-bye Q.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:16 am

The nurse wipes my ass for me.

EDIT: Now only 800 more of these senseless posts and I'll have 3000 posts and will be one step closer to my plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:21 am

marksy wrote:Your post didn't offend me at all, but I wonder about your motive for being on here.

Mine is to share any knowledge that I "might" have to offer and to learn others opinions. I'm not here to "DISARM" someone elses opinion, as it is just that, their opinion. If I can make a point to correct them that is factual then I will (as I think Flux did), but I wouldn't embarass them (which I think you did).

Also with all due respect to Flux or any other member with 2000+ posts, anyone can get on here and type all week to get to that total.

Being a ROOKIE as you call it does not mean that these people do not know what they are talking about. It simply means that they have not posted enough to warrant a higher status.



BTW the number of times i have had this conversation is ridiculous. no offense. It just always seems to happen.

New member defending their intelligence. DON'T TELL ME SHOW ME. :-D

I am not trying to insult the intelligence of new cafe members. That would be ignorant and hypocrytical of myself. i was once a new member and considered myself to be knowledgable. Much like you appear to be.

Yes you can sit here all week and accumulate that total...the proof is in the pudding...just becuase the total is high doesn't automatically make you a genius...

When you evaluate FLUX's statement and consider his So-called status in this forum. Do you think he pulled this out of his ass. How would you attribute his argumentative style or skill. I believe practice. Not only that consistency. I have seen his posts over and over again. And he is very well versed in providing evidence to back up an opinion.

If another owner with 2000+ posts makes and judge mental or emotional statement with out reinforcement i brush it off. water of my back. Your opinions are useless with a leg to stand on. No matter how many posts you have.

I'll tell you this much though. IF you have 2000+ posts and make a simple statement without evidence to support. i am more likely to trust you compared to somebody who has 50 posts.

Wait and see you will figure out that most the members in here with at least 1000-1500 posts are more reliable than your passers-by who come and go.

BTW if i choose to embarass,congratulate, ridicule, or anything else that i choose to do. Thats my personalty. I am more than likely not gonna adjust my attitude because a random poster is offended by my harsh writing style. You may not like it and you can openly defend yourself as you are now if i ever demean you.

Nice speaking to you. And you will soon learn that their are some people who are not as reasonable as i am.

Welcome to god gift to Fantasy Football. One of if not the best Fantasy Site you will EVER encounter in all our lives.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:30 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:^^^^have a gander at the post above FFC young-ins^^^^

See guys this is why people who have 5 footballs "General Manager" and 2000+ posts deserve respect and have crediblity to their opinion. ;-D People who generally think otherwise more than likely have not paid their dues and are to lazy to EARN some respect. Go Figure.

Its also known as experience. The experience and knowledge of how to disable a man opinions and hand them their ass... ;-D

This only comes with practice, more practice, and lots more practice. ;-D

So dont look at the post count as nothing, but the number of opportunities a person has had to practice disassembling your response. ;-D


You are such a tool :-t
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 858
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SECRET LAB

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:32 am

BALCOBOMBER wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:^^^^have a gander at the post above FFC young-ins^^^^

See guys this is why people who have 5 footballs "General Manager" and 2000+ posts deserve respect and have crediblity to their opinion. ;-D People who generally think otherwise more than likely have not paid their dues and are to lazy to EARN some respect. Go Figure.

Its also known as experience. The experience and knowledge of how to disable a man opinions and hand them their ass... ;-D

This only comes with practice, more practice, and lots more practice. ;-D

So dont look at the post count as nothing, but the number of opportunities a person has had to practice disassembling your response. ;-D


You are such a tool :-t


"I know you are but what am i"

THAT is what your statement equates to.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:40 am

if there is anyone else who wants to call me an a$$hole or any other name, please don't. I have known myself for a long time now and i know what i am. Without having you confirm or suggest something that I am proud to be.

MASTER OF THE OBVIOUS

or as someone in the forum said

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby BigMusky » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:46 am

Free Bagel wrote:The nurse wipes my ass for me.

EDIT: Now only 800 more of these senseless posts and I'll have 3000 posts and will be one step closer to my plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD.



Image

yeah baby!
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1258
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby petedog9 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:53 am

I smell a hamster........
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2964
Joined: 7 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento CA

Postby awwchrist » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:44 am

I have the highest post count of any non-moderator, and I have no F'ing idea what a football is, nor how I got here.

Post total don't mean diddly.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby mikey » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:49 am

awwchrist wrote:I have the highest post count of any non-moderator, and I have no F'ing idea what a football is, nor how I got here.

Post total don't mean diddly.


When it comes to posts, generally (not in every case), I favor quality over quantity. Chiming in with a "yeah, what he said" post in the "Start 'Em/Bench 'Em" Forum isn't the same as a detailed analysis of another team's defensive performance historically against the run.

Also, I know I'm late to this "conversation", but I have an observation -- it seems that the tone in the Cafe has gotten a bit more harsh and intolerant this season. It would seem that this general tenor would only curb people's participation. I certainly enjoy the exchange of ideas in here and attribute a lot of my success in fantasy football to this forum. It would be a shame if people stopped participating or held back their opinions because of any perceived fear of getting called to the mat.

I know I'm coming off as the hall monitor, so I apologize. But I've been noticing this trend and finally thought it warranted a comment.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 837
Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:40 am

Mikey wrote:
awwchrist wrote:I have the highest post count of any non-moderator, and I have no F'ing idea what a football is, nor how I got here.

Post total don't mean diddly.


When it comes to posts, generally (not in every case), I favor quality over quantity. Chiming in with a "yeah, what he said" post in the "Start 'Em/Bench 'Em" Forum isn't the same as a detailed analysis of another team's defensive performance historically against the run.

Also, I know I'm late to this "conversation", but I have an observation -- it seems that the tone in the Cafe has gotten a bit more harsh and intolerant this season. It would seem that this general tenor would only curb people's participation. I certainly enjoy the exchange of ideas in here and attribute a lot of my success in fantasy football to this forum. It would be a shame if people stopped participating or held back their opinions because of any perceived fear of getting called to the mat.

I know I'm coming off as the hall monitor, so I apologize. But I've been noticing this trend and finally thought it warranted a comment.


Yeah, what he said.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:28 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact