Bye-bye Q. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye-bye Q.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:47 am

Please forgive me, I couldn't help myself on that last post. :-b

Seriously though, it has gotten a bit hostile in here at times. When King Titan was posting in here earlier, it was getting quite out of hand. There are some rookies around the cafe who post questions and get shot down by "veterans" because they're question appears naive. Some people have honest questions that to them seem like tough questions. Answer them politely and give them a chance to get caught up.

We all had to start somewhere, too. Give everyone a chance and treat everyone with respect, even those that don't often deserve it (i.e. King Titan). One reason I enjoy the cafe so much is because it is informative and enjoyable. I don't want to leave it because it turns into a childish mess. Let's keep things clean and enjoy the cafe for what it's meant to be. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:06 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Please forgive me, I couldn't help myself on that last post. :-b

Seriously though, it has gotten a bit hostile in here at times. When King Titan was posting in here earlier, it was getting quite out of hand. There are some rookies around the cafe who post questions and get shot down by "veterans" because they're question appears naive. Some people have honest questions that to them seem like tough questions. Answer them politely and give them a chance to get caught up.

We all had to start somewhere, too. Give everyone a chance and treat everyone with respect, even those that don't often deserve it (i.e. King Titan). One reason I enjoy the cafe so much is because it is informative and enjoyable. I don't want to leave it because it turns into a childish mess. Let's keep things clean and enjoy the cafe for what it's meant to be. ;-D

i agree completely with your last two posts...i might have been a bit vulgar in my wording, actually i was very vulgar...and my message was partially disregarded. but i was just pointing out that his style of rebuttal was a very good strategy and very extensive...would be a great learning to tool for all cafe members new and old.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:33 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Mikey wrote:
awwchrist wrote:I have the highest post count of any non-moderator, and I have no F'ing idea what a football is, nor how I got here.

Post total don't mean diddly.

When it comes to posts, generally (not in every case), I favor quality over quantity. Chiming in with a "yeah, what he said" post in the "Start 'Em/Bench 'Em" Forum isn't the same as a detailed analysis of another team's defensive performance historically against the run.

Also, I know I'm late to this "conversation", but I have an observation -- it seems that the tone in the Cafe has gotten a bit more harsh and intolerant this season. It would seem that this general tenor would only curb people's participation. I certainly enjoy the exchange of ideas in here and attribute a lot of my success in fantasy football to this forum. It would be a shame if people stopped participating or held back their opinions because of any perceived fear of getting called to the mat.

I know I'm coming off as the hall monitor, so I apologize. But I've been noticing this trend and finally thought it warranted a comment.

Yeah, what he said.

Me too!

:-)
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:54 am

Dear Cornbread,
Dammit man, why you gotta be Cornbread? Every time I see your name in a post I get hungry for some cornbread. I'm freakin' starvin' here. I nice steaming bowl of slow cooked pinto beans and a coupla dashes of Louisiana hot sauce would go great with that too.

Jeeeze, now I'm REALLY hungry.

Thanks a LOT, CB!

;-)
Last edited by Original_Geek on Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:24 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Those guys who cant wipe their own ass get weeded out as time passes...there are exceptions to the rule, so that leaves me to believe there are a couple idiots out there with more than 1000 posts. no offense.

I'll be one when I get there! Of course, I have a long way to go.

The funny part is that before I started playing Fantasy Football, I thought I knew everything that needed to be known about the NFL. The last 3 years of FFB have proven what my High School teachers always said so many years ago: I don't do my homework.

Yeah, I don't know nearly the jack-squat I thought I did, but I sure do enjoy reading the posts from those of you folks who do.

And this has been a great thread - of particular interest to me as I just completed a trade in one of my leagues where I gave up Corey Dillon, Drew Bennett, and Jermaine Wiggins and I got Torry Holt, Q-Tip and Mewelde Moore. My situation was that I think I was OK in the RB area but I was way weak in the WR area. My other RB's are LT2 and Lee Suggs (finally coming back!) My only other real WR was Chad Johnson and he's really kinda been underwhelming somewhat this year. I'm thinking that I'll do OK with Torry and Chad, LT2 and Suggs.

I didn't even really factor in QTip - I really wanted Torry Holt and I was willing to give up Dillon for him - but I hope Q comes along as that would almost make me look like a genius!

Unfortunately I'll probably do something else stupid later on to reveal my new clothes are just a genius illusion.

And that's why I love the Cafe. When I actually pay attention to them what knows stuff, I limit my stupidity.

OG.
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:41 pm

I can't believe a post about Griffin's sprained ankle somehow got 6 pages long.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:57 pm

Azrael wrote:I can't believe a post about Griffin's sprained ankle somehow got 6 pages long.

Ha, actually it was about Droughns taking away 8 carries. Just wait till Bell hit 100 this weekend, maybe 7 pages.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gryphons » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:48 pm

How can anybody be mad at anybody on this thread after looking at the picture BigMusky posted above! 8-o
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MickDaddy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:08 pm

[quote="Gryphons"]How can anybody be mad at anybody on this thread after looking at the picture BigMusky posted above! 8-o[/quote]
You gotta point. It makes MY Musky lunge.
MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:00 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I can't believe a post about Griffin's sprained ankle somehow got 6 pages long.

Ha, actually it was about Droughns taking away 8 carries. Just wait till Bell hit 100 this weekend, maybe 7 pages.
Man, he must be getting a ton of carries in that 4 way RBBC to hit a hundred.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk