A. Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A. Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby noyz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:16 pm

I am not going to jump ship and trade the guy but if this keeps up, I might get desperate. I agree with Count... at what point?
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ToePunch » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:43 pm

i'm getting pretty pissed about his performance. however, i don't think you can ever really trade him. bench him, maybe. how can you get any kind of equivalent value? i think you just have to hold on and hope for the best. i'm going to keep throwing him out there. dance with your best girl.
ToePunch
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ScotteyTooHotty » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:57 pm

its more the packers than green. week 1 he was on fire; week 2 he was doing even better except for that fumble on the 2 yard line which shifted an awesome game to a mediocre one, and GB looked horrible that game; week 3 they played the colts so they didnt have a chance to run him, they had to keep up with peyton manning and thats why javon walker blew up; week 4 GB looked like crap and green was still running good, he had one fumble but no carries, they gave him the ball to little and the offense coordinatoor and favre couldnt convert a 3rd down if their life depended on it. In the next few weeks i see them giving the ball to green to keep favre healthy as well as the result of them realizing that green is the base to that offense, and despite his fumbles his ability will begin to win games for them and they will just rely on that week in and week out. If you watch him on TV he is still running very hard, breaking tackles and moving fast. So get ready for him to turn it around IMO
ScotteyTooHotty
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Teck » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:36 pm

Being a packer fan, it's the packers that blow. Green is good, until he fumbles, so it's sorta him also I do suppose. I don't see anyone taking his place in gb though, so keep him..
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kyle2270 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:06 pm

Last year Green was so-so, but then Favre hurt his finger and Green Exploded. Keep with him. They did lose the all-pro center before last game so I imagine a couple adjustments and some time to get in sync will help matters too. We all know the game is won in the trenches. Good luck
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby pappymojo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:09 pm

I agree that the possibility of an injured Favre will make the Packers use Green more often starting this week and lasting the rest of the season. I say that they play Favre for his experience but that they try not to put too much on his shoulders. A steady diet of Ahman Green could make things look much better for the Packers.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Ok

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:34 pm

Ahman Green is a stud...dont worry. He will be on monday night again so thats a plus :D
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:52 am

They aren't doing the run heavy offense that they usually do. He was doing great versus the Bears until the Packers had to play catchup. The Packers aren't good at that, because Favre throws INTs. Lots of them. There is a reason the Pack rarely wins when Favre has 300 yards these past few years. If they stray further from the running game, it will get uglier for Ahman owners and Packer fans.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:15 am

Just be thankful you didnt lose him to injury in week 2 and watch your team flounder for 4 games.

Thanks a bunch Deuce.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Count_Rugen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 pm

As a thoughtful addendum to this, I'll answer my own question.

If he underperforms my bench RB's again this weekend, as much as it'll kill me (cause I drafted him in first round), I'm using him as tradebait.

I can't do anything about GB's O-line sucking, or the QB not gives him carries, or Green himself, but I *can* do something about my FF team. "The best way to predict your future is to create it."
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk