Santana Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Santana Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:25 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I watched the game.

Penny barely even looked his way. He looked to Chrebet a lot and he seemed to check down and throw to CMart/Sowell out of the backfield a lot.

Maybe Surtain/Madison just locked down Moss, I dunno. But as a Moss owner, it sucked.

I am thinking the same thing BH...Miami's corners are pretty solid...I also have Moss, and it is tough to swallow. Since NY did enough to win the game without him, I'm sure they don't care - but to us, it does!

And yes, there have been quite a few randomly unnecessary comments in here, and I've only looked at a few threads since I logged on... :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:25 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
hj8386 wrote:Hard to tell if he even playes anymore judging by the stats.

These are all just stupid comments.

And yours right there was better?

I watched the game and gave my thoughts. Do you want me to whine like all the other guys in this forum?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:17 pm

I'm a Santana owner in 2 leagues, and let's just say that his play so far this year has been frustrating.

The Jets face Buffalo and San Francisco in the next two weeks, after which they face New England and Miami again. If Moss doesn't turn it around in the next two games, it's time to ditch him, I think.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby JtotheF » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:17 am

Don't give me this "not even half of the season..." One quarter of the season is over, long enough for what is happening to be considered a trend.

Here's what the NFL.com/CBS Sportsline.com site states:

Santana Moss, WR NYJ

News: Moss had one reception for 17 yards in Week 4 at Miami, as his disappointing start continues.

Analysis: After posting 10 touchdowns and 17 receptions for 20 yards or more in 2003, Moss has been scoreless and able to collect only three catches for at least 20 yards through the first three games.

FYI, Game 2's 4 recpt/97 yard performance was a 3 recpt/49 yard perfomance until the fifth minute of the fourth quarter. :-t

But hey, maybe this week's sad ass one catch/17 yard performace was due to post bye week blues.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby patticus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:03 am

what can I say I've got both him and mccareins. :~(
M. Bulger
J. Jones
M. Muhammad
An. Johnson
J. Wiggins
L. Suggs
D. Givens
J. Bettis
P. Dawson
San Diego

Bench
D. Garrard
J. Chatman
Q. Morgan
J. Lewis
D. Branch
B. Leftwich
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:46 pm

Well Pennington obviously didn't do very well, so you can't expect much from any of his receivers. Miami basically shut the Jet's passing game down. I'd probably look for the Jets to pass a lot next week to get Pennington back in the swing of things...they won't win games playing like they did last week (except against Miami) .
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Turnip » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:57 pm

JtotheF wrote:Don't give me this "not even half of the season..." One quarter of the season is over, long enough for what is happening to be considered a trend.

Here's what the NFL.com/CBS Sportsline.com site states:

Santana Moss, WR NYJ

News: Moss had one reception for 17 yards in Week 4 at Miami, as his disappointing start continues.

Analysis: After posting 10 touchdowns and 17 receptions for 20 yards or more in 2003, Moss has been scoreless and able to collect only three catches for at least 20 yards through the first three games.

FYI, Game 2's 4 recpt/97 yard performance was a 3 recpt/49 yard perfomance until the fifth minute of the fourth quarter. :-t

But hey, maybe this week's sad ass one catch/17 yard performace was due to post bye week blues.

3 games/16 games or 4 weeks / 17 weeks..neither are 1 quarter over. That's just nitpicking though...with receivers especially, patience is a key. A key to unlocking championships sometimes.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Besaid_Aurochs » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:10 pm

Santana moss has been stinking up my whole roster. This week in my league he scored me just as much points as Ricky Williams. Z3R0. My FFB philosophy is "what have you done for me lately" and if moss blows this hard next week, he loses his spot on my roster to chambers.
Besaid_Aurochs
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby patticus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:50 pm

I drafted him to be my #1 WR thank goodness I have Andre Johnson but yeah him and Justin McCareins are killing me.. I hate you Curtis Martin
M. Bulger
J. Jones
M. Muhammad
An. Johnson
J. Wiggins
L. Suggs
D. Givens
J. Bettis
P. Dawson
San Diego

Bench
D. Garrard
J. Chatman
Q. Morgan
J. Lewis
D. Branch
B. Leftwich
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dustyn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:27 am

The Jets were playing Miami. They don't need to throw long bombs to win...the WR only need limited a limited role for the Jets to win. Pennington is a methodical QB, one that does what it takes, not a guy who throws long bombs every other play. I have Moss and his lack of production is somewhat of a concern, but you can't expect much against the Dolphins.
dustyn
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting