Santana Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Santana Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JtotheF » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:53 am

Turnip wrote:
JtotheF wrote:Don't give me this "not even half of the season..." One quarter of the season is over, long enough for what is happening to be considered a trend.

Here's what the NFL.com/CBS Sportsline.com site states:

Santana Moss, WR NYJ

News: Moss had one reception for 17 yards in Week 4 at Miami, as his disappointing start continues.

Analysis: After posting 10 touchdowns and 17 receptions for 20 yards or more in 2003, Moss has been scoreless and able to collect only three catches for at least 20 yards through the first three games.

FYI, Game 2's 4 recpt/97 yard performance was a 3 recpt/49 yard perfomance until the fifth minute of the fourth quarter. :-t

But hey, maybe this week's sad ass one catch/17 yard performace was due to post bye week blues.

3 games/16 games or 4 weeks / 17 weeks..neither are 1 quarter over. That's just nitpicking though...with receivers especially, patience is a key. A key to unlocking championships sometimes.

Some additional nitpicking - My 12 team money league's regular season ends week 15, as do most fantasy seasons that use a playoff format. So 4 games/15 weeks is in fact 26.67% of the regular (fantasy) season.

And I disagree that "with receivers espcially, patience is a key." Right now Moss is ranked 56th at his position in my league. We use a scoring structure that doesn't necessarily rely on TD's, but rather reflects a player's involvement in the offense (1 pt/recpt, 1 pt/10yds rec, 6 pt/TD). Right now Moss is not involved. As of Week 4, his weekly scoring output of 9, 13, BYE, 2 just isn't cutting it and he's being out performed by the likes of Drew Bennet, Terry Glenn, Cutis Conway, and Johnnie Morton.

Now I'm not saying he's a bad receiver or a chump. He's simply not involved. And that doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. And I think we all know why. The Jets formula is to run the ball first, in addition to using their RB as a primary reciever. Versus last year, this year's Jets offense is far more wide open thanks to a solid running game.

The only thing that's going to get Moss more involved at this piont is an injury to C-Mart or if an investigation uncovers that he's been using steroids. I mean come on, he's playing like he was 25.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting