TIme to trade T. Jones? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TIme to trade T. Jones?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:11 pm

9er Fan wrote:The time to trade him was last week. ;)

Seriously though, he's one of those guys that will be really tough to trade. With no past history of success, everyone will be wary of his ability to continue putting up good numbers.
LOL, I guess in a perfect world, you would have timed the market perfect for him last week. I'd still look to trade him to sure up your team, especially if you've got other RB depth. He still scares me. Consider that during his career he's had a history of fumbling quite a bit and that he really hasn't turned to ball over much so far, I'd say he's due. Injuries have always seemed to hamper him as well. With Quinn now at QB, they're probably going to give him a larger workload, making him more susceptible to injury. Bottom line, I just don't trust the guy to take it home this year. I'd sell him right now for good value.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smizzy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:25 pm

I got accepted a trade than got me D.Culpepper for Jones!!
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 pm

Jones is good but obviously someone is a moron if they trade Culpepper for him. One bad week and everyone wants to jump off the ship. The Eagles run defense is highly underrated. They are 6th in the league. Couple that with a very aggressive pass rush against a new QB and you've got a problem. Jones' schedule does appear favorable going forward so unless you are trading him to upgrade at another position I'd keep him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Re: LMAO

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:45 pm

sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:LMAO R U KIDDING? jones,brown, green all are great rbs ESPECIALLY GREEN i mean brown and jones are awesome ;-D i see them both having like 1400-1600 yards with like 12-14 SCORES? and im serious
LMAO, sarcasm? Did you even read the end of my statement?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:09 pm

you's be silly to sell low right now....keep him unless there is a clearly a better back available...that will be hard to do with whats on waivers.
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sha » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:35 pm

Since people may be jumping off the T jones ship, would it be wise to give up a back like T. henry for him? or does henry have more value?
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)

Thomas Jones owner

Postby jsk002 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:35 pm

I have jones and I like him, but I can get R. Moss and Q. Griffen for him and S. Moss. I already have Suggs, so Griffen Suggs and Taylor with Culpepper and D. Jax, that's not a bad deal right? I know this isn't trade forum
jsk002
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby undercovermn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:42 am

I think Jones will have a GREAT year, even Priest Holmes gets shut down on occasion. However, I would trade almost ANYONE to get Culpepper unless you already had McNabb (like me) or Manning.
undercovermn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Smizzy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:43 pm

undercovermn wrote:I think Jones will have a GREAT year, even Priest Holmes gets shut down on occasion. However, I would trade almost ANYONE to get Culpepper unless you already had McNabb (like me) or Manning.
I had Bulger.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: LMAO

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:54 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:LMAO R U KIDDING? jones,brown, green all are great rbs ESPECIALLY GREEN i mean brown and jones are awesome ;-D i see them both having like 1400-1600 yards with like 12-14 SCORES? and im serious
LMAO, sarcasm? Did you even read the end of my statement?

Ha.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk