Barlow hurt again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Barlow hurt again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Barlow hurt again?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:50 pm

Was I the only one to be a little surprised to see Jackson get so much work on the opening drive of the game?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ThunderSnarfer » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:52 pm

he better not be hurt, him holt and johnson need to score me 20+pts.
ThunderSnarfer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:56 pm

Outside of the title, what does this thread have to do with Barlow??? I keep looking, but I am finding nothing...nothing!!!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:01 pm

It had everything to do with Barlow. Did you not see Jackson getting carries and receptions on the opening drive? I thought that was a little early for a little 'rest'.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevster1 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:25 pm

Barlow was getting 6 yards on every carry, and they brought in Jackson. I am not saying that would have changed the outcome of the game , but it was puzzling . After last week's pathetic performance, you would think Barlow would have been rested.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V-unit » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:38 pm

there is some real bad coaching in SF and Im scared of Barlow this year.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fern » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:02 pm

I was watching some of the game and the announcers said something about how he wasn't doing something right, like he was cutting to early or something (sorry can't remember exactly what it was) and sure enough Jackson comes in, never saw anything about an injury so Barlow should be fine. The thing thats weird is that the 49ers looked real good in there first drive with Rattay being quite effective and Barlow running, then they just lost the rythm.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JtotheF » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:16 pm

Erickson is such an A-hole. His play calling is unbelievable - his passing on first down and his constant use of the draw when the defense expects it...it's just too hard to watch.

And someone, please, PLEASE tell me why he feels the need to use Terry Jackson as frequently as he does. The guy put the ball on the ground with 3:47 left in the 4th against the Aint's and lost the game. He fumbles again tonight (it was thankfully recovered), and for some god-forsaken reason he's in the game on one of the few red zone drives and ends up taking a 4th & goal pass in the flat to the two yard line. Not the end zone, the two. Doesn't common sense say to use your #1 back in that situation? :-t

Surely Erickson wasn't trying to preserve Barlow at this point, because we all saw that he did plenty of that at the beginning of the game. He needs to take a page from the Bills playbook by choosing a back and sticking with him. That, or go back to Oregon Sate.

Erickson is a moron, an idiot, and a friggen loser who is the last guy who should be trying to command a sinking ship. :-[ :-t :-[ :-t
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kevster1 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:22 pm

Amen! ;-D
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Budman_ffc » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:38 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:It had everything to do with Barlow. Did you not see Jackson getting carries and receptions on the opening drive? I thought that was a little early for a little 'rest'.

Sorry, just now figured out you weren't talking about Stephen Jackson - Forgive me....I am a bit slow!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting