*Madden League Week 1 results* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

*Madden League Week 1 results*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:30 pm

Me and footballfreak just finished our game, final score 14-21 Eagles.

It was a pretty close game, him edgind me in total yards at the end but giving up two turnovers so I got the win. Both Owens and Steve Smith had great games, with Smith having 166 yards and a score, Owens 176 and a score. McNabb ended the game with a 145 QB rating, throwing for over 200 yards and a TD with no INTs. Neither Davis nor Westbrook were able to get it going running the ball but both McNabb and Delhomme ran for 40 yards. It was tied at 14-14 with 3:45 left in the game and I was able to run the clock down to 1:55 and score, so he got the ball with 1:55 left in the game. He was able to shred my D and get down to my 1 yard line with .30 left in the game and no timouts. First and goal on the one, I'm in a goal-line all out blitz and he chooses a pass play. Delhomme fakes the run and drops back and is sacked and fumbles. Corey Simon picks it up and goes down. McNabb kneels and the game is over.

Great game man, maybe next time I won't need the luck.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaabroonii » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:24 pm

jaabroonii 34 - terpfan 14

Both teams scored on their first possesions. terpfan added a touchdown on a punt return. Chris Brown was just about unstopable all night running for 126 yards on 18 carries for 3 tds. Hasselback threw 3 INTS, two of those to Bulluck as he tried to mount a comeback down by only 7 going into the 4th. It was a close game till the end.
jaabroonii
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:52 pm

yeah.

i hate madden.

did i even play the right guy?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SpeedDemon » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:54 am

deftdelivery wrote:
jaabroonii wrote:Alright so am I taking over for hayesb26 ?

Yes, you replace Hayes in the league. My fault, AF, I told you that you play Assume week 1, but you play Jaabroonii rather.

The schedule is Terpfan VS Assume and AF VS Jaabroonii

This was the correct schedule. And Jaabroonii, Chris Brown? He's a Titan, which is my team in this league. You're supposed to be using hayesb26's team, which is the Chiefs, not Titans!
I wish their was a knob on the television to turn up intelligence. There's a "brightness" one, but that doesn't work.

SpeedDemon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:51 am

SpeedDemon wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
jaabroonii wrote:Alright so am I taking over for hayesb26 ?

Yes, you replace Hayes in the league. My fault, AF, I told you that you play Assume week 1, but you play Jaabroonii rather.

The current schedule is Terpfan VS SpeedDemon and AF VS Jaabroonii

This was the correct schedule. And Jaabroonii, Chris Brown? He's a Titan, which is my team in this league. You're supposed to be using hayesb26's team, which is the Chiefs, not Titans!

Yea...complete screw up...I'll take the blame altho it was posted. Due to having to replace two users, some of the schedule got rearranged. The CURRENT schedule is bolded above and it can also be found here under the post cafe madden league 05 schedule. Just replay the games....Jaabroonii plays AF and Terp plays SpeedDemon.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SpeedDemon » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:40 pm

No big deal. But then I still have to use the Titans right?
I wish their was a knob on the television to turn up intelligence. There's a "brightness" one, but that doesn't work.

SpeedDemon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:12 pm

SpeedDemon wrote:No big deal. But then I still have to use the Titans right?

Yes, you are the Titans. Jaabrooni's team is the Chiefs.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballfreak449 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:52 pm

zimm was right..... he edged me out with some luck. i guess madden didnt watch the ne vs oak playoff game (tuck rule anyone?). really it was. but zimm played a good game. it helped him with dan morgan and deshaun foster getting hurt early and being out for the game..... o well
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby AF » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:14 pm

Well, it was one hell of an ugly game but I lost to Jaabroonii 38-35. I was unable to do ANYTHING on any side of the ball for the first 3 qtrs but then exploded in the 4th with 3 takeaways and 35 points. If I hadn't missed a FG and an extra point I think J-man would be a little peeved. Not too offten you see a team score 35 in one qtr and lose the game. Oh well, time to get back to playing Madden some more again because it shouldn't take me that long to get things rolling.

P.S. WOULD SOMEBODY BLOCK KGB FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jaabroonii » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:22 pm

Yea I'll confirm that...as well as a monster games from Favre Driver and Ahman. In and around the 4th quarter I started plaing more conservative and allowed a whopping number of points including losing 2 fumbles a pick and an onside kick. But fortunately I built a huge lead from the start.
Last edited by jaabroonii on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaabroonii
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games