Throw Erickson into the Bay!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

Throw Erickson into the Bay!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Throw Erickson into the Bay!!!

Postby JtotheF » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:33 pm

I posted this in another thread.

Erickson is such an A-hole. His play calling is unbelievable - his passing on first down and his constant use of the draw when the defense expects it...it's just too hard to watch.

And someone, please, PLEASE tell me why he feels the need to use Terry Jackson as frequently as he does. The guy put the ball on the ground with 3:47 left in the 4th against the Aint's and lost the game. He fumbles again tonight (it was thankfully recovered), and for some god-forsaken reason he's in the game on one of the few red zone drives and ends up taking a 4th & goal pass in the flat to the two yard line. Not the end zone, the two. Doesn't common sense say to use your #1 back in that situation?

Surely Erickson wasn't trying to preserve Barlow at this point, because we all saw that he did plenty of that at the beginning of the game. He needs to take a page from the Bills playbook by choosing a back and sticking with him. That, or go back to Oregon Sate.

Erickson is a moron, an idiot, and a friggen loser who is the last guy who should be trying to command a sinking ship.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:30 am

While I agree with you about Erickson, the problem is at a much higher level than that. The Yorks are easily the worst owners in the NFL. They make the Browns in Cinn. look like Dan Snyder. Donahue is also a horrible GM. I was pulling for him at the beginning but last year word got out that he was telling other teams that the Niners were just fine as far as personel was concerned and that they just needed to get healthy. That threw up huge warning flags for me. Throw the whole damn front office in the bay and let Young/Policy/Jones come in and restore the franchise.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JtotheF » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:00 pm

And they just signed Donahue to a four year contract extension... :-/
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to San Francisco 49ers