That stupid Coors Light song! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

That stupid Coors Light song!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby drsteuss » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:55 am

I work in advertising. That Coors song give the industry a bad name.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:53 pm

here it come....."TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC"

You might not be in th "TD" Chopper...Young guys 18-35,who like to party, go to sporting events, and likes T & A...I go to alot of house partys and Coors has its fair share of followers. I understand the negative tone that the Commercial portrays but ESPN doesn't seem to mind playing it DURING SPORTCENTER in a CUSTOMIZED HIGHLIGHT REEL...im sure you've seen that.

In LA for a while the coors Cans had RAIDERS emblems on them....THAT SELLS THE SHIT OUT OF ME... :-D

That car commercial with the gymnastic dude is Toyota or SCion or Mazda...its that hatchback sports car thing. At least half the AD-guys job was done. Catching your attention and making an impression...The last part is to close the deal and get you into the dealership...Its the dealership job to "SELL" the car to you.

But the mere fact that you recall the gymnastics guy is a testament to the ad-company...One day you are going to talk about him like you did to me and someone is goin to fill in the blanks. Then the Ad-company job is mostly completed.

Dr Steuss How tha business treating you?... i was always very interested but never got into it..
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby badger526 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:57 pm

What I can't understand is why ESPN would let the idiots who sang the Coors songs write new songs for game highlights. They must think that people actually like that band or whoever it is. I just think they really need to take that portion of sportscenter off the air immediately. BUT NOOOOOOO, they have to play it every freaking Sunday. :-D
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:12 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:here it come....."TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC"

You might not be in th "TD" Chopper...Young guys 18-35,who like to party, go to sporting events, and likes T & A...I go to alot of house partys and Coors has its fair share of followers. I understand the negative tone that the Commercial portrays but ESPN doesn't seem to mind playing it DURING SPORTCENTER in a CUSTOMIZED HIGHLIGHT REEL...im sure you've seen that.

In LA for a while the coors Cans had RAIDERS emblems on them....THAT SELLS THE SHIT OUT OF ME... :-D

That car commercial with the gymnastic dude is Toyota or SCion or Mazda...its that hatchback sports car thing. At least half the AD-guys job was done. Catching your attention and making an impression...The last part is to close the deal and get you into the dealership...Its the dealership job to "SELL" the car to you.

But the mere fact that you recall the gymnastics guy is a testament to the ad-company...One day you are going to talk about him like you did to me and someone is goin to fill in the blanks. Then the Ad-company job is mostly completed.

Dr Steuss How tha business treating you?... i was always very interested but never got into it..

speaking as a member of that demographic (well, in a couple months anyway. Im in college though, so its the same principle..) people buy Coors because it is cheap... not because of TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS, or especially taste...

I agree with UNDEFEATED though. I hate the Coors commercials, but it's "out of sight, out of mind" in the advertising world..

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:04 pm

Meh I just mute it or pause it on the TWEEEEEEEEEEENS. Thank you god for Tivo, becuase those twins are f'in hot! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:32 pm

They aren't that hot. You should see my girlfriend. ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby perlick29 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:24 am

I thought this commercial died like a year and a half ago. But apparently ESPN doesn't know when to dump a good thing like Linda Cohen, Joe Morgan, or ashamed to say it but... Pat Summerall.
I'm a New York Times guy, living in a PEOPLE magazine world.
perlick29 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafecasterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:03 pm

they sound like a really bad butt-rock cover band. it makes me want to pick up my tv and throw it out the window.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk