Andre Johnson: Stud or eventual Dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson: Stud or eventual Dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Johnson: Stud or eventual Dud?

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:31 am

Will he keep up this pace of over 20 yds per catch and near 100 yd games ? or will opponents learn to shut him down since there's no reliable option playing next to him (according to yahoo)? Should I sell high now? like for a rb like Fred Taylor?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby elway7 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:08 am

If you could get the likes of Fred Taylor by all means do it. Johnson is a good reciever but not a number 1 just yet. I would consider a back like Taylor an upgrade.
elway7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:20 am

I think AJ has a huge upside. He is getting better all the time too.

If you can get a stud RB, i would do it. But if you can't, enjoy having him on your team. He will put up some points.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Johnson

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:54 am

Carr is the real deal, their running game is the real deal, and Houston has a decent Defense ... so how can Johnson not be the real deal?

Okay, so he's performing as a middle of the pack #2 WR in fantasy instead of the projected low #1 - that's nothing to sneaze at.

With a lesser QB, I might worry about the lack of receiving talent around Johnson, but Carr has the strength and guts to get the ball to Andre.

Carr/Johnson is certainly proving much better this season than the highly touted Pennington/Moss duo, and with Minnesota in his immediate future, Johnson is a must-play next week. After that he has a bye and a couple of decent defenses to go against, but the league's WRs seem to be holding up well against the better defenses so far.

FF is about consistency (unless you're experimenting and trying some probably-doomed matchup team) and Johnson is proving to be a consistent performer. Lack of other receiver options makes him the main target, which is what you want. The guys who gets the looks and the carries are the most likely to perform on a weekly basis.

Keep Johnson unless you can negotiate one heck of a deal for him. And start him.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby TheBoz » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:50 am

I have an abundance of WRs, i need a running back, should i trade him for faulk, i believe i could get him. Then again, Faulk could be out again tomarrow. Or should i try to shoot higher with roy williams?
TheBoz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Johnson

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:54 am

DraftDodger wrote:Okay, so he's performing as a middle of the pack #2 WR in fantasy instead of the projected low #1 - that's nothing to sneaze at.

He's the #8 ranked WR in my league (of the WRs ranked lower, only Moulds would probably surpass him due to # games played). He has more points than Holt, Harrison, and C. Johnson. I'd say he's performed like a low #1 so far.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DJCoalesce » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:58 am

I think he's performed a little higher than he will the rest of the year. He's performed at a low #1 and I think he'll finish at a solid #2.
DJCoalesce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby patticus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:48 pm

what receivers would you trade him straight up for?

Marvin? ... I drafted him to be my #2 but S. Moss sucks so he is by default #1.. So I don't know if I can move him.
M. Bulger
J. Jones
M. Muhammad
An. Johnson
J. Wiggins
L. Suggs
D. Givens
J. Bettis
P. Dawson
San Diego

Bench
D. Garrard
J. Chatman
Q. Morgan
J. Lewis
D. Branch
B. Leftwich
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby xJoeV55x » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:23 pm

WHAT!?

This guy is the next......

Jerry Rice Jr.
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:29 pm

xJoeV55x wrote:WHAT!?

This guy is the next......

Jerry Rice Jr.

Don't you mean the next Jerry Rice? I havent seen little JR Jr. with all the records...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk