Barlow!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Barlow!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Rattay coming back should help them immensely. Dorsey just doesn't have an NFL arm. That was made abundantly clear v. the Seahawks when he was missing WRs on blown coverages. Rattay at least should be able to stretch the field better once he shakes off the rust which will in turn help Barlow more.

What should be worrisome to Barlow owners somewhat is the play calling though. Trying to stretch the field on running plays against a fast defense? Not too smart Erickson, especially when you were moving the ball between the tackles. That more than anything should worry you.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turd Burglar » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:39 pm

I agree - some of the play calling sucked, though I loved having Eric Johnson on my team. Didn't understand why they didn't run Barlow more that first series either.
Turd Burglar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby V-unit » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 pm

I really think Erickson is holding the 49ers back with his bad play calling.I think barlow has the talent but the kid needs to get like 25 carries a game and probably wont because of the stupied ass coach.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:52 pm

V-unit wrote:I really think Erickson is holding the 49ers back with his bad play calling.I think barlow has the talent but the kid needs to get like 25 carries a game and probably wont because of the stupied ass coach.

Not only that but he has a horrible team that forces the 9ers to throw to stay in the game...

Now if Wannstedt was coaching there, he'd probably take Ditka's advice for staying in the game...now that would be wrong :-b
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:00 pm

The biggest problem with Barlow is that the team lost two starting offensive lineman to free agency, and now have lost their pro-bowl center for the year, and starting LT for a couple games. Kwame Harris (LT) will be back next week which will help. I will admit though, although I thought the 49'ers would be bad this year, I didn't think their passing offense would be this bad.

He's still on pace for 8 TDs, 1000+ rushing yards, and 300+ receiving yards. Not great, but at least he has his health. ;-)
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:16 pm

9er Fan wrote:He's still on pace for 8 TDs, 1000+ rushing yards, and 300+ receiving yards. Not great, but at least he has his health. ;-)
LMAO! Great line man.
Couldn't agree with you more about the line either. With Newberry and Kwame out, those are two of the key guys they were counting on. Poor Newberry. Damn good center, just is injury riddled.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:47 pm

also dont forget he didnt practice a few times during the week and is still slightly feeling that injury from 2 weeks ago.... i heard an interview and that is why jackson got so many carries in the st louis game....

kwamme back, and getting stronger will help.

i dont know what you are all complaining about to much anyways.... hes gettin the yardage, just needs to find the endzone, sometimes that can just be a bit of luck.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby V-unit » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:14 am

Its not really Barlow im complaining about its more about the coaching staff and that effects Barlow.I think they had the same trouble in Seattle when Erickson was their with Ricky Watter.This guy is a sorry excuse for a coach.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk