who else got burned by kerry collins this week??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who else got burned by kerry collins this week???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:05 pm

Big time....Im thinking about dangling a bottle of Jack infront of him ...he plays better on the sauce.... ;-D
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LouisC9999 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:06 pm

I started him over Vick. In every fantasy football forum, there was LOTS of Kerry Collins hype and I have to admit, I fell for it and picked him up in two leagues where he was available.

Luckily, I only started him in one...
LouisC9999
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:32 pm

i don't see how anyone could've resisted the temptation. He looked great the week before against THE BUCS!!! And then he's getting to play the awful defense that houston, and he manages to throw 3 INTs, and fumble 2. That is SUCH a terrible performance, it is actually remarkable!!! No one could've seen that coming. I even subscribe to the KFFL newsletter and they recommended him started. There is just no way you can predict a guy making a complete a55 of himself out there like collins did. The only comfort I have is knowing collins put on one of the worst performances by any QB in the history of the NFL this past sunday.... I pity him.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:40 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Collins is one of the worst decision makers in the NFL.....don't tell me you guys didn't think he might have a 3 INT game.
:-/

I figured him for 1 pick and a fumble at worst, then I decided he was a better play in place of McNair than Volek and picked him up off the wire for the week.

I still won, but only because the team I was playing had Moss and Cpep on a bye.

No one should beat themselves up about the call to play Collins in a pinch. He was a total flop, no one saw that coming...not even Bucky :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby steelyeri » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:47 am

he will probably gets better as he gets more aquanted with the offense and better chemistry with his receivers. Still, watching the games i wasn't impressed with some of his throws. He looked rusty, it wasn't really his decision as much as the placement of his throws. Look at it this way, he can't get much worse. seriously though, i'm confident that he will improve when he gets more snaps under his belt.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FantasyNewb » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:57 am

Count me in. I picked him up for the week to replace a struggling Trent Green against the Baltimore defense. Of course, now, I'm looking to dump him. That's good for everyone who is going to keep him since he'll now probably turn it around.
FantasyNewb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cooner » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:21 am

yep, i did the same thing as the newb, picked him up for a spot start instead of green... thanks to 50 yards for a point, he managed to nab me a whopping -6. Ugh. Luckily Jets D pulled it out for me...
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ToePunch » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:54 pm

how could i also be so stupid. i kept telling myself "this is kerry collins, are you sure you want to start him? oh, sure i'll start him. see everyone else likes him too. he looked so good last week. plus he doen't drink anymore. it'll be alright." he singlehandedly killed me last week. if he would have broken even, zero points, i would have won. i mean how often does a qb get you negative points? he will be on the bench this week against indy. i'm pretty sure he can't hurt me from there. anyone got the guts to run him out there again?
ToePunch
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:29 pm

ToePunch wrote:how could i also be so stupid. i kept telling myself "this is kerry collins, are you sure you want to start him? oh, sure i'll start him. see everyone else likes him too. he looked so good last week. plus he doen't drink anymore. it'll be alright." he singlehandedly killed me last week. if he would have broken even, zero points, i would have won. i mean how often does a qb get you negative points? he will be on the bench this week against indy. i'm pretty sure he can't hurt me from there. anyone got the guts to run him out there again?

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

No way in h3ll am i starting him again.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joester » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:00 pm

Im starting him this week..........He's against the Colts. I'd look for at least 200 yards and 2 TDs this week.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk