Q Griffen has Sprained Ankle. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Q Griffen has Sprained Ankle.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cleokatrah » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:52 pm

I dropped Bell last week... for Wheatley of all people.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:10 pm

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?i ... oryID=3351

Shanahan did not know whether Griffin's injury would force him to miss practice when the team returns to the field Wednesday. But he emphasized that the injury is not a high ankle sprain.

"He was walking normally today, so I don't think it's real severe," Shanahan said. "There wasn't a lot of swelling in the ankle, which is a good sign, so it's not something that (causes) a big question if he'll play. I think he'll play. But with those ankles, you never really know for sure."

I would pick up Bell if he's available and you have a spot open. However, I think Q-Tip will play. I just think Bell's a decent handcuff and the injury certainly doesn't help Griffin's already shaky status.
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:32 pm

This sucks. This guy in my league always drafts sh***y and ends up doing well because of dumb luck. He has Bell.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Lol, Bell didn't get a carry last game, Q-Tip won't miss a game, and now we are heralding Bell as the RB in Denver? Bell will come in gradual, he gets hurt a lot, and fumbles the ball. Denver is playing Carolina, who is not the same team they were last year. Dunn, Duckett, Green all torched them. I think Griffin can bounce back this week. Droughs is still the short yardage back.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Navyseal » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:41 pm

I have been steadfast in my opinion that Q-Griff would get hurt ---eventually --- , whether it be from "THE BIG HIT" although he has few, or his ankle that he has apparently sprained just yesterday. It doesn't sound serious, but with Q blowing the game a week ago with his fumbles, well.....

This is huge for me b/c @ 2-2, Deuce is still sidelined and Moe W. will cover for Ruday's bye this weekend... but if Bell becomes the starter in Denver, I'll have some serious options/trade bait once Deuce returns.

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)
Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST --

DelHomme, Warner
Deuce, Rudi J., Moe Will, M. Pittman, D. Rhodes, Tatum Bell
CJ, Plaxico, Wayne, Colbert, Jenkins
Gates
Akers, Elam
NE D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

It cracks me up the certitude with which some fantasy owners speak. I've never been sold on Q-tip or Bell, so I drafted them both. I just wish one of them would hurry up and be reliable already.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby xJoeV55x » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:21 pm

Sheesh whats with everyone and Bell's Nuts
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Navyseal » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:57 pm

Whatever man... opportunity is knocking ever so softly right now in Denver for Bell owners... the fact that the Rat handpicked him in the second round leads me to believe that Q is on a much shorter leash than anyone in Denver is letting on...
I wish no ill-will for Q-griff owners...it's not much, but it's daylight just the same.
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cruiz03 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:29 pm

Shan likes his speed and WR like abilities. He also did not waist a 2nd rounder for no reason.......... This is the same guy that got Davis, Anderson and Portis late in their draft and became studs.

On the other hand anyone that expects him to become a full time starter or anything in the next week or two is not being realistic.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:12 pm

Qtins weekly fantasy ranking....

If a league starts 2 rbs each....Top 24 is good place to be in a 12-teamer like i am in...in a 10-teamer Top 20 is the Gold standard...

Leagues starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position the Top 36 rbs (12 Teamer), Top 30 rbs (10-teamer)...Inside these numbers any RB is a VIABLE STARTING OPTION. yes or no?

Qtin's weekly Ranking
week 1: 3 behind Alexander & priest
week 2: 24th
week 3: 48th
week 4: 33rd

In a 12 or 10 team league starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position...Qtin has been a good play 3 of 4 weeks...

Yardage-wise
week 1: 2nd
week 2: 18th
week 3: 55th
week 4: 22nd

On a weekly-basis he is NOT a bad play....this may be a long shot suggestion guys, but be reasonable...

As for Bell getting playing time....If the Broncos are winning like they are 3-1 why change the RB!
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk