Q Griffen has Sprained Ankle. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Q Griffen has Sprained Ankle.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby gtgrad95 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:00 am

I have also read that Bell is in Shanny's doghouse. This could his hinder his chances to eventually take over. Does anybody in Denver know more and can eloborate?
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:21 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:Qtins weekly fantasy ranking....

If a league starts 2 rbs each....Top 24 is good place to be in a 12-teamer like i am in...in a 10-teamer Top 20 is the Gold standard...

Leagues starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position the Top 36 rbs (12 Teamer), Top 30 rbs (10-teamer)...Inside these numbers any RB is a VIABLE STARTING OPTION. yes or no?

Qtin's weekly Ranking
week 1: 3 behind Alexander & priest
week 2: 24th
week 3: 48th
week 4: 33rd

In a 12 or 10 team league starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position...Qtin has been a good play 3 of 4 weeks...

Yardage-wise
week 1: 2nd
week 2: 18th
week 3: 55th
week 4: 22nd

On a weekly-basis he is NOT a bad play....this may be a long shot suggestion guys, but be reasonable...

As for Bell getting playing time....If the Broncos are winning like they are 3-1 why change the RB!

I love how you leave fumbles out of that.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rohbshop » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:34 am

rookies are always overhyped by the college fans. Shanahan wont be playing T. Bell fulltime even if Q were benched or injured. Hearst would probably get more carries, and that has alot more to do with experience than how they've played. Maybe next year Bell might get more carries or might even become the starter, i just really doubt Bell will get enough carries this year unless both Hearst and Q go down, even then Droughans might get more. I just dont see Shanahan playing a rookie that doesnt know the offense as well as the other backs.

I also think the offensive line deserves some blame, since the holes they used to open anyone could run through, they just havent been opening them up as much this year. Maybe that also has to do with teams stacking the box with 8man fronts. Also, they've played some pretty solid def's in the past few weeks, and running games are usually more about matchup than anything else.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:46 am

I would just like to see Bell actually do something at the NFL level before I get caught up in his hype.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:50 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Qtins weekly fantasy ranking....

If a league starts 2 rbs each....Top 24 is good place to be in a 12-teamer like i am in...in a 10-teamer Top 20 is the Gold standard...

Leagues starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position the Top 36 rbs (12 Teamer), Top 30 rbs (10-teamer)...Inside these numbers any RB is a VIABLE STARTING OPTION. yes or no?

Qtin's weekly Ranking
week 1: 3 behind Alexander & priest
week 2: 24th
week 3: 48th
week 4: 33rd

In a 12 or 10 team league starting 2 Rbs with a Flex position...Qtin has been a good play 3 of 4 weeks...

Yardage-wise
week 1: 2nd
week 2: 18th
week 3: 55th
week 4: 22nd

On a weekly-basis he is NOT a bad play....this may be a long shot suggestion guys, but be reasonable...

As for Bell getting playing time....If the Broncos are winning like they are 3-1 why change the RB!

I love how you leave fumbles out of that.

hey miner I left fumbles out of the second part but i most definitely included it in the front half of the post...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Navyseal » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:24 pm

Now Q-griff is looking more doubtful although he's being listed as Quest. still after reinjuring his bum ankle... I'd like to see Bell do something too at the NFL level, and it looks like he'll get a shot at some carries this weekend...
Bell owners need to stay tuned...

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)
Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST --

Warner, Delhomme
Deuce, Rudi J., Moe Will, Pittman, Bell, Moore
CJ, Plaxico, Wayne, Curry, Colbert
Gates
Akers, Elam
NE D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous