The two best/two worst offseason acquisitions. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The two best/two worst offseason acquisitions.

Moderator: Football Moderators

The two best/two worst offseason acquisitions.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:34 pm

TSN:June 24, 2003

The two best offseason acquisitions:

Kyle Turley, OT, Rams. Turley is a good athlete who gives the Rams' offense a needed mean streak. With Turley on the right and Orlando Pace at left tackle, guards Adam Timmerman and Andy McCollum, plus center Dave Wohlabaugh, the Rams have what appears to be the best offensive line in the NFL. Wait until you see the difference Turley makes in the effectiveness of quarterback Kurt Warner, who needs ample time to make his progression reads.

Jake Plummer, QB, Broncos. Plummer is a fiery competitor who is not afraid of pressure, unlike former Broncos' quarterback Brian Griese. For Plummer, this is an opportunity to play with a quality supporting cast he never had in Arizona. Plummer arrived in Denver as a talented player in need of the structure Broncos coach Mike Shanahan provides. Surrounded by more talent and more restrictions, Plummer is likely to be impressive in Denver.

The two worst offseason acquisitions:

Dre' Bly, CB, Lions. No question, Detroit needed help at cornerback. Without a doubt, Bly is an adequate starter who improved as he gained experience the last two seasons. However, the Lions overpaid for Bly, agreeing to a price worthy of a premier starting cornerback. That he is not. This team can't afford to make that kind of mistake with the salary cap in today's NFL.

Rodney Harrison, SS, Patriots. Hours after they made one of the better signings of the offseason (Rosevelt Colvin), the Patriots made a mistake by giving Harrison a fat payday. Harrison and Lawyer Milloy are two of the league's hardest hitters, but they give the Patriots a pair of safeties with the worst range in the NFL.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:53 pm

Nice article GP

Im going to be watching with interest as far as Jake goes.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:41 pm

Homeless wrote:Nice article GP

Im going to be watching with interest as far as Jake goes.

nice read thx..........I agree on the Jake thing....I kinda HOPE it does finally happen for him.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby t-love » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:15 pm

Im gonna have to disagree with 3 of those picks. Plummer sucks. Bly rocks. Harrison creams.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Football Talk