The Broncos running back bubble has finally burst - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Broncos running back bubble has finally burst

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Broncos running back bubble has finally burst

Postby Gilbert Brown's jock » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:53 pm

After the first week I was thinking the Broncos have done it again.
The magical touch with whomever they put at running back always delivering.

But then
Q.Griffen last 58 attempts...... not even 140 yards worth.

Broncos have got big problems now.
Gilbert Brown's jock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:58 pm

you're a half empty glass kind of guy...

QG got the carries, I'm keeping him. Unless I get a stunning offer. Which I doubt, but for a 8-10th round pick what did you expect?
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The Broncos running back bubble has finally burst

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:01 pm

Gilbert Brown's jock wrote:After the first week I was thinking the Broncos have done it again.
The magical touch with whomever they put at running back always delivering.

But then
Q.Griffen last 58 attempts...... not even 140 yards worth.

Broncos have got big problems now.

Thats a STRONG fact...he did play JAX, SD, and now BUCS...obviously good defenses...don't under estimate the Chargers RUN D

Heres a link to more opinions of the DENVER RBs. http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=90676
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:10 pm

Defense fantasy points allowed to RBs Rankings....Thanks to ESPN http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/reques ... &Param2=17

Bucs 12th best at stopping the run...year to date

Jax 11th best at stopping the run...year to date

Chargers gave up a ton of yardage week 1 (DDavis) week 2 (cMart, 2nd best RB in the league stat-wise)

last 2 weeks Chargers are 3rd best at defending the run... http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/request.dll?PTSAGAINST
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gilbert Brown's jock » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:38 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:you're a half empty glass kind of guy...

Not sure what you mean by that comment. I do know that the Broncos have a very average QB and an ordinary set of receivers and need to have a consistent 100 yarder carrying the ball for them if they want to make the playoffs.

Jason Elam and their defense will win games for them but overall that won't be enough without a decent option at RB.
Gilbert Brown's jock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hula5280 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:28 pm

Your tune might change when Tatum Bell is healthy. Kinda reminds me of Portis' first year.
hula5280
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:57 pm

hula5280 wrote:Your tune might change when Tatum Bell is healthy. Kinda reminds me of Portis' first year.

Bell might take over and i am prepared for it...until that day comes, i am going to plead his case...as of right now he has given me the appropriate facts to back him...i am simply supporting the fact that he is a servicable rb....Not that he is a MONSTER rb

(griffin)~~~(Bell)

*handcuffs*
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby undercovermn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:36 am

I have to laugh since after the first 2 games everyone was so crazy over Griffin, and when I pointed out that a RB that small would never last or contribute consistently I was labeled an idiot. They were even comparing Q to Barry Sanders, which is absurd.... I repeat, Griffin will not last half the year as a feature RB and if you can trade him for anyone decent I'd do it NOW.
undercovermn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:41 am

Gilbert Brown's jock wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:you're a half empty glass kind of guy...

Not sure what you mean by that comment. I do know that the Broncos have a very average QB and an ordinary set of receivers and need to have a consistent 100 yarder carrying the ball for them if they want to make the playoffs.

Jason Elam and their defense will win games for them but overall that won't be enough without a decent option at RB.

half-empty=pessimistic--->Pull the stick out of your mouth now KING J

half-full=optimistic

dictionary.com if you need it.
Last edited by UNDEFEATED on Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:49 am

undercovermn wrote:I have to laugh since after the first 2 games everyone was so crazy over Griffin, and when I pointed out that a RB that small would never last or contribute consistently I was labeled an idiot. They were even comparing Q to Barry Sanders, which is absurd.... I repeat, Griffin will not last half the year as a feature RB and if you can trade him for anyone decent I'd do it NOW.
If Griffin torches Carolina, are you going to look stupid? Since you felt the need to talk after 4 weeks?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk