How would you rate Roy Williams(det) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would you rate Roy Williams(det)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:45 am

Obviously he won't keep scoring TDs like this. I'll say he probably ends up in the 15-20 range as the season drags on and he draws more coverage.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:48 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Obviously he won't keep scoring TDs like this. I'll say he probably ends up in the 15-20 range as the season drags on and he draws more coverage.

I agree with Sweetness. He is on fire right now and is bound to cool off with D's targeting him in double coverage more. I hope Im wrong. I do think Roy has ROY on lockdown.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:49 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Obviously he won't keep scoring TDs like this. I'll say he probably ends up in the 15-20 range as the season drags on and he draws more coverage.

Top 15-20 range? or 15-20TDs on the season?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:00 am

I think D's are keying on him now. The second TD he caught against Philly, there were FOUR Eagles around him, and they couldn't bring him down.

I think Roy will be top 10 this year, and top 5 next year.

Edited to say: I drafted him in the 10th, just before my kicker/D/TE. He will be a steal at that draft pick imo.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:23 am

Mudd wrote:
I think D's are keying on him now. The second TD he caught against Philly, there were FOUR Eagles around him, and they couldn't bring him down.

I have to admit, the majority of his big catches, from what I remember, were in double coverage this yr.

After 3 NFL games he already has at least 4 catches that would be considered highlight reel quality and up for plays of the yr:

week 1 - one handed bobble/snag while fighting off 2 defenders. This one already won catch of the week on ESPN I believe.

week 2 - how about 2 breathtaking TD catches - one where he outjumps the DB and outmustles the safety in a split second. The other where he lays out in the endzone dragging both feet to stay in bounds.

week 3 - fighting off 4-5 would be tacklers as he once again muscles his way to paydirt.

After 3 games, how can you not be impressed with the guy? As of right now, I have no idea how to rank him. Will he get more than 10 TDs? At the pace he's going it sure seems that way, but then again, players do heat up and cool off. We cant honestly expect him to finish the yr with 21 TDs can we? Its a tough call but rating him around top 10-15 range sounds about right.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JtotheF » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:15 am

Cornbread said it all.

BTW, someone said they grabbed him in the 5th round? Wow, now that's vision. I picked him up in the 10th round and am as pleasantly surprised by his performance thus far as I was last year with Chad Johnson.

So then I guess I rank him as an '03 Chad Johnson. ;-D
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fast Eddy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:44 pm

He's the Shiz! He's going to be a Super-Duper Star.

To give you an idea of how good that is please consider that stardom ranking is the same as model ranking. At the bottom you have model's. They are beautiful and get paid for modeling but haven't made it big yet. Next, there are Super Models, they are the cream of the modeling crop. Finally, there are Super-Duper Models. I don't even want to tell you how awesomely beautiful they are.

Seriously, R. Williams is as good a receiver as there is in this league with the exception of Randy Moss. His style and skills are similar to T. Owens but he's stronger. His numbers will suffer when defenses start double teaming him but he's going to be one of the great ones if he can stay healthy. Start him every week for the rest of the season.
Fast Eddy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bolkonsky_ffc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:56 pm

JtotheF, I respect the Eraserhead shot. :-?
"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
bolkonsky_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:29 pm

Fast Eddy wrote:He's the Shiz! He's going to be a Super-Duper Star.

To give you an idea of how good that is please consider that stardom ranking is the same as model ranking. At the bottom you have model's. They are beautiful and get paid for modeling but haven't made it big yet. Next, there are Super Models, they are the cream of the modeling crop. Finally, there are Super-Duper Models. I don't even want to tell you how awesomely beautiful they are.

Seriously, R. Williams is as good a receiver as there is in this league with the exception of Randy Moss. His style and skills are similar to T. Owens but he's stronger. His numbers will suffer when defenses start double teaming him but he's going to be one of the great ones if he can stay healthy. Start him every week for the rest of the season.

Clever. :-t
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:08 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:Yea Ive been saying for a couple weeks now Roy is legit. I think hes a sure shot top 10 and could sneak into the top 5.

Top 5 isn't out of the question in a year or two... possibly the end of this year... never know.

I'll keep my mouth shut for now, but just sayin' it's possible. :-)

Is this a dig at me or somthing? Because thats quite a prediction. You say he can be good now or in two years.....way to go out on a limb there.

You're making no sense. I wasn't talking about him being good, I was talking about him being in the Top 5.

..."Way to go out on a limb there..."
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk