4th Qtr and the Ravens finally remember they have a top RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

4th Qtr and the Ravens finally remember they have a top RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

4th Qtr and the Ravens finally remember they have a top RB

Postby Homeless » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Just me or did the Ravens need a lot more of Jamal all night ?

I can hear the Jamal owners everywhere screaming "wheres Lewis wheres Lewis" and rightly so.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Turnip » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm

The offense wasn't on the field enough it seemed like. Boller didn't have that many attempts either
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:57 pm

Ravens would have had the ball more if they had established Lewis early. I am thinking of 1 early drive wherre lewis carried for 8 yards on first and second down setting up a third and two and boller promptly throws an incompletion. nice play calling guys.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:41 am

3 to 1 time of possession (off the top of the head...)

Even Walter Peyton would have only had 60 yards. Lewis fans can thank their lucky charms they got the touchdown.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:37 am

i think the time of possesion was 40-20.....let me check....close 39:43-KC 20:17.

im glad jlew didn't play much i had to go against him...BIG WINNER over here! ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:08 am

Actually - I saw them pull Jamal in crucial situations in the 2nd half. Thats what would upset me the most if I was a Ravens fan:

4th qtr, 27-17 KC, BAL has the ball and driving - JLew for 7, JLew for 6, Jlew for 10, Jlew for 7... KC simply cant stop him. What happens? He gets pulled. The only person that could stop JLew was his own coach. CTaylor runs for 4 and the first down, then gets rolled up for a loss of 3 the next play - basically the end of the drive - but their was holding on the play - loss of 10 but still 1st down. What happened next was pure luck and questionable calls - 2 pass interference calls on KC - one where the ball was actually intercepted and then called back - 1st and goal from the 1.

It worked out in KC's favor, but the whole point is that they pulled JLew when he was rolling - 4 straight plays and KC couldnt do anything to stop him. Is that the time to take him out of the game? Like I said, Id be mad if I cared.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tomkatt » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:54 pm

Cornbread, that must've been when they showed Lewis on the sideline gasping for air. He seemed like he couldn't catch his breath, and even M&M were talking about it in the booth. Lewis sure didn't have the game I thought he would. Luckily I had already won and didn't need a big game from him. Now the dreaded suspension looms...... ARRGGGHHHHH!!
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:08 pm

yeah he sure did look out of breath after those four straight carries. That was interesting.

I think the fact that they had to play catchup too.

Aside from that, the touchdown he had i thought was garbage. You can argue there was pass interference but when the ball lands that far out of bounds. At least that helped makeup for him not having a great day. At least he got a TD.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting