Week 5 : RAMS Vs. HAWKS ...Paper or Plastic ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 5 : RAMS Vs. HAWKS ...Paper or Plastic ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:48 pm

ZigZag, RAMS pride all the way. ;-D

As far as your message, it was probably due to the server change today. I and many others were unable to get on all day.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:36 pm

Football Newbie wrote:EAT IT SEAHAWKS!!!!!! SO COCKY SO SO COCKY JUST SHOVE IT!!#@#!!! And i dont even like the rams much.

Get your own thread jackass. I didn't see you sign up for the PBC. Did you? Did you?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:39 pm

Christ, that was an excellent win for you guys. Gotta admit, I figured it was signed sealed and delivered.

Unfortunately, so did the Hawks. You guys played your asses off the last 10 minutes of the game and you deserve everything this week.

I knew it would be close...I just didn't think we'd lose.

Grats.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:14 pm

awwchrist wrote:Christ, that was an excellent win for you guys. Gotta admit, I figured it was signed sealed and delivered.

Unfortunately, so did the Hawks. You guys played your asses off the last 10 minutes of the game and you deserve everything this week.

I knew it would be close...I just didn't think we'd lose.

Grats.

I have to say that was an admirable post, hopefully we can rekindle this nice rivalry in a few weeks. ;-D

Honestly, I went into this game with very doubtful blind faith, it was hard to expect the Rams to win today.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:33 pm

Yeah, I never saw that one comin'. Good win for you guys. Ultimately, it came down to Holgrem wanting to pass it in the final minutes when St. Louis didn't have any timeouts. It should've been Shaun, Shaun, and a little more Shaun. Maybe Mack Strong too.

Oh well.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Earl Van Dorn » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:17 pm

The Rams did look dreadful after losing in week 3, and no one in my office (I live in Iowa, unfortunately, not St Louis) gave them any credit for last weeks win since SF is putrid this year. Everyone picked Seattle, notably Bill Simmons picked the Peehawks this week, calling the game "The Passing of the torch" Guess what, after 2 consecutive road wins, no one outside of NE has as much momentum as the Rams right now. The Rams wanted it more.

EVD
Earl Van Dorn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:36 am

WOW! I was at the game. Maybe my only game of the season. Total domination in the first half by the Hawks. Taking nothing from the Rams since they won the game, but Holmgren deserves to take credit for this loss. I know the players are the ones that have to make the plays, but the second half play calling sucked! 8-o !+) :-P :~(
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:39 am

BTW, I have never done the PBC before, how long to I need to ware this thing? Until we win, or until next week? I'm getting hot under here already! :-[
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:28 am

SeaWolf wrote:BTW, I have never done the PBC before, how long to I need to ware this thing? Until we win, or until next week? I'm getting hot under here already! :-[

until next game.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:36 am

Holmgren's fault for playing conservative in the 2nd half and not putting the Rams away. When a team is down, you gotta go for the kill, but instead they let the Rams climb back in it.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting