Who is the RB for Minnesota now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the RB for Minnesota now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the RB for Minnesota now??

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:55 am

Who is the RB for Minnesota now? now that bennett/williams is hurt and smith is suspended...is he worth starting?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am

Smith has been suspended already? That's news to me. I thought the hearing wasn't until tomorrow.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:01 am

I read the NFL said they would rule before this weekend and there is only a 1% chance Smith plays this week if he loses the appeal.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Birdman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:12 am

So, then who would start?
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ben_ffc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:31 am

one would have to think that with williams and bennett both injured, and onterrio now higher than the northern provinces...

mewelde moore will get his time to shine. he has some minor shoulder issue, i think, but if the three above can't go, mewelde could turn up the heat.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:33 am

Williams will start if his strained calf is good enough to go. Otherwise they might give rookie Mewelde Moore the shot (hasn't had much playing time this season, but looked very good in the pre-season {I know, I know, pre-season doesn't mean squat}).
The Vikes really like him. Either way if Williams does start, I see Mewelde getting a lot of carries. Moe is a little on the older side, and he's banged up. I'm sure more info will come out as the week progresses. Stay tuned.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:08 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Smith has been suspended already? That's news to me. I thought the hearing wasn't until tomorrow.

He hasn't been suspended yet but it was reported in the Star Tribune (registration required) that he will drop his suspension this week if the NFL does not hand out a ruling by the end of the week. So either way it's looking like O. Smith is out.

In other words, Smith's suspension will begin this week unless the league unexpectedly delays a decision. And even in that improbable scenario, Smith said he likely will instruct his agent to drop the appeal altogether so that he can begin serving the penalty and return in time for the second half of the season.

Moe Williams/Mewelde Moore:

Williams expressed confidence that he would be available in some capacity against the Texans, but the Vikings were making plans to start rookie Mewelde Moore, who was inactive Sept. 26 against Chicago and has one carry in his NFL career.

[...]

He (Moe Williams) will be listed as questionable on the injury report, and a final determination on his status might not come until this weekend.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk