O SMITH now probably out for this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

O SMITH now probably out for this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

O SMITH now probably out for this week

Postby HunglikeChampions » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:56 am

I found this this mornign on the yellow sticky next tro O SMith

Oct 5 Vikings' running back Onterrio Smith probably won't be available for Sunday's game in Houston after all. Smith is scheduled to have his appeal of a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy heard in New York on Wednesday. Reports last Friday indicated that, given that it usually takes at least a few days for the league to render a decision in such matters, Smith would probably be available for the Vikes' week-five tilt against the Texans. That no longer appears to be the case. A team source informed KFAN, the Vikings' flagship station, on Monday that the league is planning to expedite the process, telling the radio station that there was "about a one percent chance" that Smith would be available to play this weekend.
Views: With Smith likely gone from weeks five through eight and starter Michael Bennett out at least another two weeks because of his knee injury, Moe Williams becomes the starter...that is, if he is able to recover quickly enough from the strained calf he sustained last Thursday. Rookie running back Mewelde Moore is certain to see some action during their game against the Texans as well.

I was hoping he would hold out 1 more wek as this is Rudi's bye week, but I guess not. I have picked up MOore hoping moe cant go
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HunglikeChampions » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:56 am

doh, look slike someone posted below, damn, and I wanted to be the first oen to start a thread, lol
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk