who are the top pickups after this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who are the top pickups after this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

who are the top pickups after this week?

Postby rohbshop » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:21 am

i figure Zeroue might be #1. Who else surprised this week enough to be picked up? Seems alot more slim than last week(Pittman, Stokely, etc)
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:24 am

CTaylor and MMoore sound like smart grabs if you are in RB trouble.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby rohbshop » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:47 am

i forgot to mention Reche Caldwell, who would probably be top pick if hes still available in some leagues, or dropped after his last week.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bald1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:41 am

it looks like lee evans has taken the #2 wr spot from josh reed. this should not only help his value but also the entire bills offense to some extent. i'm from big ten country and considered him the 3rd best wr in this years draft behind williams and fitzgerald. he has speed, size and skills and should stretch the defs. i know the odds of another rookie wr excelling seem long, but if you're thin at wideout and looking for upside evans is your man. especially if drew can ever figure out mularkey's system well enough to get the ball out of there on time.......well it COULD happen.
bald1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby k68 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:48 am

Arizona's D will probably be popular this week just like the Jets last week.
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby petedog9 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:27 pm

How about Ernest Wilford from Jax. He has been catching TDS and got alot of looks last week. I also like Chris Horn from KC. He is like the new go to guy in KC at the wideout spot. He was thrown to alot last night.

I also like Evans in Buffalo. The kid has talent and you dont draft a guy in the first round if you dont plan on getting him involved ASAP.

If you need a QB maybe BIG BEN. The kid is making all the throws and more importantly the right decisions. He was 3 great wrs to throw to and he seems to have somehting going with Burress. Kitna might also get a look if Palmer continues to look so confused and the Bungles want to save there season.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:41 pm

I don't think kitna is going to be in there very soon. We're moving the ball, but our defense is killing us. Webster being out doesn't help. I think palmer is trying too hard to make up for the defense. Not to mention warrick isn't in there and TJ HousmanAVERAGEWR is playing in his place. I tried to tell everyone 2 weeks ago that he was just an average WR. He drops a lot of important balls and cannot make "big" plays.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby petedog9 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:47 pm

[quote="Paladyr"]I don't think kitna is going to be in there very soon. We're moving the ball, but our defense is killing us. Webster being out doesn't help. I think palmer is trying too hard to make up for the defense. Not to mention warrick isn't in there and TJ HousmanAVERAGEWR is playing in his place. I tried to tell everyone 2 weeks ago that he was just an average WR. He drops a lot of important balls and cannot make "big" plays.[/quote]

You might be right. They might be stuck with Palmer and have to ride him out. It would kill Palmers psyche if they yanked him. As a frustrated CJ owner I sure hope Palmer figures out where is bread is butterred though..and QUICK!!
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bald1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:00 pm

yeah, yeah, frustrated cj owner.
bald1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby crimsonrebel » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:46 pm