Raven's Vaunted D - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raven's Vaunted D

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raven's Vaunted D

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:06 am

This D has been dominated by Good Offenses for the last year and a half, yet we still speak of them like it's 2000. I give them credit because they beat up on the sisters of the poor offenses in the AFC North - but they get worked by good O's. I find it hilarious because the Ravens are right there with Philly as the most mouthy look at me team in the league. These wannabe gangsters jump around like idiots after every tackle, regardless even if it is a 25 yard gain - it's even more amusing when a guy stops a play for no gain at his own 10 and start chest thumping/hollering - but he fails to realize that he is the same guy that had been getting worked like all damn day on the other 5 plays before that - that had went for 80 yards. Ray should save some of his energy so people won't shred him like cheese when he tries to tackle ... This team is comical and their days as a #1 defense are long gone .....
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:33 am

Yep, I agree they're overrated.

Why are you posting on two accounts? I don't get it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:40 am

The reason this defense is held in such high regard is because of all of the "all-stars" on it.

Lewis, Boulware, Suggs, Weaver, Reed, McAllister, etc.

Frankly, it is a team with too many egos, without a clear leader. Well, obviously Ray is the leader, but not even Mr. 25-to-life can hold this team together. If they were to act as a unit... no egos, just football... they would be easily the best defense in the NFL. The only clear weakness is in the defensive line..., but Balt's superior LB corps is very capable of stopping the run... when they work together, and stop showing off.

I really hate Chris McAllister... he's an overrated pansy (off topic, but still needed to be said).

Interesting side note... Balt may have had trouble last night, but remember this... last year, the two teams that had the most Pro Bowlers were KC and Baltimore. Of the 8 that Balt sent to Honolulu, 4 were defensive (and 1 special teamer), and 2 of those defenders started (Lewis, Reed).

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bungle613 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:41 am

Put on your paper bag SM. Wouldn't want to be a deadbeat.

As for Baltimore. I just don't know. Tehre D has been quite good so far... just not dominant. They had a poor game on Monday but I'm not going to write them off just for that. 11 sacks, 5 int, 2 FF and a td isn't bad. Isn't great but not as bad as you are portraying them to be.

As for Lewis. Yeah... really bad game last night. Still wouldn't take any other LB over him.

I needed 20 points form Balt D and Priest last night... Priest 18... Balt 1... tied.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk