Arizona D @ SF this week???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona D @ SF this week????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona D @ SF this week????

Postby Showtyme5 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:14 am

What do you guys think of this matchup? I have the Tenn. D and they've been horrible this yr. except when they played Miami, of course. 'Zona has the #2 D in my fantasy league, so I'm thinking they are a better play this week because I don't trust Tenn. on MNF against Brett Favre when he's in a must win situation and SF is no good.
Showtyme5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby k68 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:22 am

Arizona is a very good pickup this week. They are playing good D and S.F. is quite bad.
k68
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bald1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:35 am

i plan to pick them up and use them this week. i have done the same the last 2 weeks and have had excellent success. i drafted dallas as my starting dst and jacksonville as their backup. 2 weeks ago i dropped jacksonville(great real life def, but not scoring many fantasy points) for the atlanta def against arizona and they scored me over 20 points. last week i dropped atlanta's def and picked up the jets dst against miami and they scored me over 20 points. of course you wouldn't want to do this forever i guess, but when you can, why not. i still have the solid if not spectacular dallas dst to fall back on if i don't like the matchups of the available ww defs and i'm gonna roll with it again if noone beats me to it.
bald1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:38 am

Yeah, Arizona D has been surprising, especially with all those fumble pickups and sacks. Thing is, SF has Barlow. As much as we'd like to think Arizona will stack up against the run I am betting Barlow finds some holes regardless. Plus, though Rattay is nothing special he'll find some good targets in Conway and Eric Johnson.

Basically saying, Arizona D is no sure thing as well as SF.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ramble2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:14 pm

Arizona D strikes me as a decent pickup this week. Low downside, with a decent chance of scoring good points.

SF has the worst offensive line in the league, and you've got to think that Arizona will be aggressive. Don't expect a shutout, but do you think SF offense can go through a game without committing at least a turnover or two? Yea, me either: SF is 2nd in the league in giveaways with 11(!) in 4 games (trailing only Miami at 15). Arizona, meanwhile, is 2nd in the league in takeaways at 12.

Put that together, and what do you get? Mmmm, yummy!
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:24 pm

i've got to decide this as well. I have seattle's D, and am considering playing AZ b/c of the matchup. Does anyone actually watch AZ??? Are they for real? I don't want another kerry collins situation like last week.

I'm looking through the game logs and I'm not liking what I see with AZ. I might pass on them this week.
Last edited by Paladyr on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:32 pm

Paladyr, I'd play the Seattle D in a heartbeat v. the Rams. This isn't the "greatest show on turf" and this isn't the same Seattle D in years past. They are a well versed, aggressive defense that should have success v. the Rams.

As for the Arizona defense this week, as much as it pains me to say, I'd start them against the 49ers. You figure if they could shut down Aaron Brooks and Co., they should rather easily be able to handle the 49ers.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:35 pm

MadScott wrote:Paladyr, I'd play the Seattle D in a heartbeat v. the Rams. This isn't the "greatest show on turf" and this isn't the same Seattle D in years past. They are a well versed, aggressive defense that should have success v. the Rams.

As for the Arizona defense this week, as much as it pains me to say, I'd start them against the 49ers. You figure if they could shut down Aaron Brooks and Co., they should rather easily be able to handle the 49ers.

Thanks for the input man!! I think that's what I'm going to do. Need to stop trying to play the hot hand (collins) ;-P.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:53 pm

Paladyr wrote:
MadScott wrote:Paladyr, I'd play the Seattle D in a heartbeat v. the Rams. This isn't the "greatest show on turf" and this isn't the same Seattle D in years past. They are a well versed, aggressive defense that should have success v. the Rams.

Thanks for the input man!! I think that's what I'm going to do. Need to stop trying to play the hot hand (collins) ;-P.
No problem man. That Seattle defense is a nice pickup this year and especially against a Rams team that doesn't hold onto the ball that well. They are the hot hand.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:59 pm

how bout the JETS against Buffalo...Bledsoes a good target ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk