Mr. Irrelevant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mr. Irrelevant

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mr. Irrelevant

Postby cwebb » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:15 am

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- There was nothing insignificant about the awards showered on Mr. Irrelevant Ryan Hoag, who was so honored this week as the last man picked in April's NFL draft.

"A lot of people joked about it but would love to be in my situation right now,'' said Hoag, who was drafted 262nd by the Oakland Raiders. "It's a lot of fun.''

The wide receiver from Division III Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., was honored during the 28th Irrelevant Week.

On Thursday night he was feted at the Mr. Irrelevant banquet in Anaheim, where he received his "Lowsman Trophy.'' Also honored was Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer of Southern Cal, who was the draft's No. 1 pick.

Hoag was also taken golfing, got to be the announcer on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live,'' visited a first-grade classroom, judged the Miss Irrelevant contest and went to Disneyland.

"It's been nonstop fun,'' he said.

Still to come is Friday night's Los Angeles Dodgers-Anaheim Angels game, where he gets to attend a tailgate party, then help rake the infield during the seventh inning.

His Lowsman Trophy, meanwhile, is similar to Palmer's Heisman, although on Hoag's trophy the player is fumbling the ball and has a shocked look on his face.

"It's a nice thing to put on the mantle,'' he said. "That's something that my kids will remember me by, when I have them, that dad got drafted.''
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:43 am

LOL !! classic, gotta love that and the way he is handling it too.

His Lowsman Trophy, meanwhile, is similar to Palmer's Heisman, although on Hoag's trophy the player is fumbling the ball and has a shocked look on his face.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby terpfan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:12 am

Homeless wrote:LOL !! classic, gotta love that and the way he is handling it too.

haha thats kinda messed up... good thing this kid is taking it well... ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:55 am

hahah that would be awesome! get drafted last and get to go to all the banquets and shit with the #1 pick?!! ;-D :-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk