10/5 news on S. Davis and D. McCallister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

10/5 news on S. Davis and D. McCallister

Moderator: Football Moderators

10/5 news on S. Davis and D. McCallister

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:56 pm

Both look to be back in the fold soon, Davis this weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, October 5, 2004

News
Panthers' running back Stephen Davis intends to practice Wednesday, which seems to indicate that there is a good chance he will start against the Broncos on Sunday. Davis confirmed that he plans to practice Wednesday, but did not say whether he will play in week five. "I don't want to rush it," Davis told the Charlotte Observer. "I've just got to do whatever I can to go out there and practice on Wednesday and see how I feel then." Davis had his knee scoped and has been sidelined since week one.

Views
Barring a setback, we expect Davis to start against the Broncos. He'll lose some carries to DeShaun Foster, but Stephen should take the bulk of the goal line carries.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, October 5, 2004

News
Injured Saints' running back Deuce McAllister ran during practice on Monday. It was the first time McAllister has been able to run since he sprained his right ankle during a week two game against the 49ers. "He did okay," Saints' head coach Jim Haslett told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "We'll see how he does tomorrow."

Views
It looks like McAllister is inching his way back into playing shape. Whether that means he will play against the Buccaneers on Sunday remains to be seen. If Deuce can't go, Aaron Stecker would likely replace him in the starting lineup again this week.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:18 pm

I posted the link to the Charlotte Observer in another thread concerning Davis. Fanball seem a little optimistic. The Panthers don't see to be quite as optimisitc. I guess will see tommorow how the practice goes.

That would be great if McAllister can make it back this week. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:25 pm

I don't think the Panthers are in that big of rush to bring Davis back. Foster is a pretty good fill in. Might as well let Davis completely heal and have him fresh for the rest of the year.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:03 pm

Oh man that Deuce news is awesome, I expected Bennett to be back and then get McAllister in a couple weeks, but it looks like it might be the reverse.

But I hope that New Orleans' doesn't put him out there if he isn't healthy enough. Reaggravating his ankle would be terrible. But I think a Stecker/Deuce split this week is very possible considering the Saints might be desperate for a win.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk