This just in.....get Moe Williams now!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This just in.....get Moe Williams now!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:56 am

Tbones wrote:Would you play Moore over Griffen or Suggs this week?
Probably not.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ejwild » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:06 am

The vikes like Moore...but they love Moe. He is definitely MORE than a backup. Go back to check his stats last year when bennet and Smith were out...Moe put up huge numbers. Anyone who says he is a journeyman with little talent, does not know football.

I am from Minnesota and I predict Bennet will not take one handoff this year, and Moe and Onterrio will split carries.
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:13 am

ejwild wrote:The vikes like Moore...but they love Moe. He is definitely MORE than a backup. Go back to check his stats last year when bennet and Smith were out...Moe put up huge numbers. Anyone who says he is a journeyman with little talent, does not know football.

I am from Minnesota and I predict Bennet will not take one handoff this year, and Moe and Onterrio will split carries.

go back and look at his career stats. Hes been in the NFl longer than 2 yrs - why did it take him over 6 yrs to get more than 100 rushing opps? He has had 2 decent yrs - and they just so happened to be when MIN was having RB injury issues. How can you say he isnt a career bench player?

I actually do know a thing or two about football from time to time.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby irishclown » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:37 am

This just in.......get a clue before you post donkey!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ejwild » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:32 am

7 TD's in 6 games, plus two 100 yard games.

That is what Moe did last year when he was forced to start.

We can argue whether the guy should or should not be a bench player...I don't really care about that however...

Nitpick all you want, but watch as he lights up the fantasy scoreboard this year - He is a great pickup and will become even greater when it comes out that Bennett is done for the year.

So Cornbread? You may have knowledge of football in some cases...but me thinks your motor city bias against the vikes is blinding you to the truth. Moe Williams could START for the Lions and HOLD his job once K. Jones is healthy.

TRUTH.

(please, ignore me, let smarter people in your league deal in facts...you continue to go on GUT!)
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ejwild » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:34 am

why did it take him over 6 yrs to get more than 100 rushing opps? He has had 2 decent yrs -

Ummm....lets see...ever hear of ROBERT SMITH?
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:00 am

I'm thinking along the same lines as Cornbread. Moe may start but who cares? What does starting actually mean? That he was in on the first series? Who cares? The Vikes are very high on Mewelde and they thought they were stealing him when they picked him. He had a great pre season and I'm thinking he's going to get the majority of touches against Texas.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:10 am

First of all - I rarely let my Homerism affect my reasoning - at least I make a conscious effort to try not to let it.

I actually like the Vikings very much and am a fan of Moss - how can you not be - all he is is the greatest WR in a generation.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Lions or whether or not Moe would be starting here. I dont know if he would start for us or not. If he did, he wouldnt get nearly the type of production he gets in MIN. Thats a pretty obvious conclusion being that he would be going from one of the elite running teams in the NFL to one of the worst running teams.

Which brings me to my point: He has obviously benefitted from the situations he has been in over the last 2 yrs. MIN has an elite OLine and has been a league leader in rushing for a number of yrs now. Moe has been in the right place at the right time. It is not an indication of talent. My argument is that he is not that talented. He has a big heart, he tries every play hes in, and he does what he is told. All very commendable attributes, but dont make a case for him actually being talented. There has never been a situation in his career that he was named the starter because he earned it - they have come because a better back got injured. Had he been talented enough to warrant a starting RB spot in the NFL, dont you think he would have lobbied for a trade after 7 seasons?

Now, he very well might have a good game on Sunday. Hell, Bettis is sitting on 22 yds and 5 TDs, so you never know. Here are the major thinking points:
- MIN has an elite running game where they can seemingly plug most RBs into the system and they will do well most of the time.
- MIN is missing their top 2 RBs.
- Moe Williams is the #3 on the depth chart and he is slightly injured.
- MMoore is the #4 and he has looked good enough to plug in.
- Tice has stated it will be a RBBC, and most pundits suggest Moe will more than likely get the start but that MMoore will get more carries.

I wish you would stop attacking me ejwild, I really dont think its necessary and kind of childish.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bartleby1983 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:09 pm

yeah moe will not get the start , the bulk of the carries will be from rookie moore, moe will be on passing downs for his blocking purposes only,i dont see him getting many carries at all unless moore is terrible
Bartleby1983
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JtotheF » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:21 pm

The offense is built around two guys, TWO guys, whose job it is to move the ball into the endzone. Many times these drives create wonderful scoring opportunities for whoever the plug and play RB is at the moment.

More than anything it seems to be RB by attrition in Minnesota these days. And if O. Smith wasn't such an idiot, the job would have been his job to lose. Who knows, maybe it still is?

All I know is that Minnesota is a tough fantasy breeding ground at the RB position.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk