PICK UP CHESTER TAYLOR QUICK IF HE'S AVAILABLE! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PICK UP CHESTER TAYLOR QUICK IF HE'S AVAILABLE!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Lewis be out more than 2 weeks?

yes
70%
no
30%

Total votes : 47

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:49 pm

I heard he plea bargained so he would not have the possibity of serving 8-10 years in jail. By doing this he only has to serve 4-6 months(off season) in jail but the NFL itself might should issue a suspension b/c he violated their drup and substance policy. I mean they suspended W. Green last year and not O. Smith will begin to serve his suspension
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:08 pm

treerucker wrote:from what i have read ...lewis is in a plea bargain by pleading guilty he wouldn't have to serve any time till football is over

so keep up on this

Thats not right. His plea bargain confirms his guilt and NFL will hand out suspension. Let's hope it happens before this weekend! ;-D
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:23 pm

benm3218 wrote:
treerucker wrote:from what i have read ...lewis is in a plea bargain by pleading guilty he wouldn't have to serve any time till football is over

so keep up on this

Thats not right. His plea bargain confirms his guilt and NFL will hand out suspension. Let's hope it happens before this weekend! ;-D

i feel like this keeps getting repeated over and over again lol.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shader » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:28 pm

Man, it really seems like Benm is obsessed with Jamal Lewis...I guess he must be really worried about the team in his league that is a Lewis owner.

Here's the thing..there is no way Lewis won't play this weekend. If the NFL suspends Lewis, he'll appeal, and won't miss this weekend. I personally feel he'll miss two games, although I don't know how the NFL can suspend him for something he did before he signed a contract.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lsufan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:05 pm

In my sporting news league(not the yahoo league listed) C. Taylor and L. Henry are available.

Who has more value in the boards opinion?

Henry is the starting RB for a team that sucks and Taylor is a RB that only has value if Lewis can't play.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DanDigital » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:54 pm

Henry is going to get shut down by the Patriots. I think you're better off with Mewelde Moore, the Minnesota RB who noone has heard of that will probably get 20-25 snaps this weekend.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treerucker_ffc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:41 pm

Am I the only one that has heard that jamal is gonna do all his time after the season?????

I ve heard it 2 times lately.....

seems he will be fine, maybe miss 1 game at the most
treerucker_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:55 pm

He's likely going to be suspended for 4 games and probably pretty soon just judging by the way the NFL seems to work.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby biju » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:56 pm

treerucker wrote:Am I the only one that has heard that jamal is gonna do all his time after the season?????

I ve heard it 2 times lately.....

seems he will be fine, maybe miss 1 game at the most

The "time" you're talking about is jail time. The time this thread has been discussing is a possible suspension the NFL would hand out to Lewis. While this would certainly be the case if Lewis had done this while under an NFL contract, it isn't certain this would happen since he had not been signed.

It's more or less up in the air until the NFL gives word, but since this has been discussed for the entire day without the NFL really responding I'm starting to feel they *will* send something his way.

After that, it's up to appeal but I think Jamal is going to get turned down quickly as the league tries to avoid another Onterrio Smith incident.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby benm3218 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:22 pm

Shader wrote:Man, it really seems like Benm is obsessed with Jamal Lewis...I guess he must be really worried about the team in his league that is a Lewis owner.

Here's the thing..there is no way Lewis won't play this weekend. If the NFL suspends Lewis, he'll appeal, and won't miss this weekend. I personally feel he'll miss two games, although I don't know how the NFL can suspend him for something he did before he signed a contract.

ahhhh.... Shader. My nemesis. I thought you would find this thread. I agree with Azrael and Biju(sp?), a supension and a quick denial is coming. I only hope it happens before this weekend. The league got a lot of flack for having rules that don't get enforced(O. Smith) and won't that mistake again.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk