Ride the Emmit Train??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ride the Emmit Train???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ride the Emmit Train???

Postby loganberries » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:57 pm

My backs are Alexander, C-Mart, D.Davis, M. Williams, and Emmit. Alexander is a gimmie, but I am half tempted to start Emmit again this week vs a soft 49er defense. Thoughts??
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jackpotbones » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:02 pm

How could you possibly think of starting him over c-mart?
jackpotbones
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tomkatt » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:04 pm

I'd start C-Mart over Emmitt always. Emmitt's fountain of youth should be drying up any time now.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:08 pm

Even though BUF has had the better run D over the last 4 weeks, I would still play CMart. He has absolutely shredded opponents to the tune of over 140 rushyds/game. He is currently ranked the 2n best fantasy back behind Priest. At this point I cant see how you could bench him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby loganberries » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:27 pm

Cmart would be the obvious #2 choice if Davis can't play. But don't you think Emmit deserves at least a thought??
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:46 pm

loganberries wrote:Cmart would be the obvious #2 choice if Davis can't play. But don't you think Emmit deserves at least a thought??

Absolutely. I'd think about Emmitt and then start Alexander/C-Mart or Alexander/Davis. ;-)

I would feel pretty confident right now about having Emmitt as a backup in case of emergency. But I'd start Moe Williams over him next week if I had to make that choice.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:53 pm

Emmitt will NOT break 2000 yards rushing this season.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Amazinz wrote:
loganberries wrote:Cmart would be the obvious #2 choice if Davis can't play. But don't you think Emmit deserves at least a thought??

Absolutely. I'd think about Emmitt and then start Alexander/C-Mart or Alexander/Davis. ;-)

I would feel pretty confident right now about having Emmitt as a backup in case of emergency. But I'd start Moe Williams over him next week if I had to make that choice.

People, can we PLEASE remember that nobody cared about C-Mart and his 2 touchdowns of doom last season? (not to say we didnt all love and respect him... but no one cared about his fantasy value) C-Mart's fountain of youth isn't exactly plentiful either...

I say it depends on the defensive matchup... and Buffalo had a semi-strong D. 49ers... well... havent been too great this year. Either way, I'd start Davis...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:12 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:People, can we PLEASE remember that nobody cared about C-Mart and his 2 touchdowns of doom last season? (not to say we didnt all love and respect him... but no one cared about his fantasy value) C-Mart's fountain of youth isn't exactly plentiful either...

You're mistaken, most at the Cafe valued his fantasy value. C-Mart was a great sleeper pick that really wasn't a sleeper pick here at the Cafe. There were a lot of people here who predicted this bounce-back season. Perhaps not to this magnitude.

C-Mart is 31, Emmitt is 35. This isn't that big of a surprise. C-Mart is not that old. If you underestimate C-Mart you're doing yourself a disservice.

One more thing, before you bash C-Mart's season last year go back and look at his production during the games that Pennington played. There is no comparison between Emmitt and C-Mart.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:People, can we PLEASE remember that nobody cared about C-Mart and his 2 touchdowns of doom last season? (not to say we didnt all love and respect him... but no one cared about his fantasy value) C-Mart's fountain of youth isn't exactly plentiful either...

You're mistaken, most at the Cafe valued his fantasy value. C-Mart was a great sleeper pick that really wasn't a sleeper pick here at the Cafe. There were a lot of people here who predicted this bounce-back season. Perhaps not to this magnitude.

C-Mart is 31, Emmitt is 35. This isn't that big of a surprise. C-Mart is not that old. If you underestimate C-Mart you're doing yourself a disservice.

One more thing, before you bash C-Mart's season last year go back and look at his production during the games that Pennington played. There is no comparison between Emmitt and C-Mart.

ok, ok, a rookie's mistake. and i wasn't "bashing" c-mart... i was merely stating he had 2 TDs last season... that's bad any way you look at it...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk