Return to General Talk

Dallas Safety Shot.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dallas Safety Shot.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:25 pm

Jun 30, 2003, 09:33
Cowboys - S Davis Shot At Topless Club
Lesley Tellez, The Dallas Morning News

Cowboys safety Keith Davis and another man suffered gunshot wounds at a Dallas topless club, authorities said. Davis, 24, was shot early Sunday in the right hip and left hand about 2:20 a.m. outside the Dallas Gentlemen's Club. Davis was treated and released from a hospital later Monday; his fiancee, Amber Davis, said he was doing "fine."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:21 pm

im sure there was some kinda attitude in his fiancee's voice when she said..."fine"...

she's prolly happy that he wasn't seriously hurt so she can go and whip his butt herself!! lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Poobah » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:30 pm

allegedly, the fiance was with him and the two of them were "only" there to pick up a friend of hers. Our brave Cowboy says the girl being mistreated, played the chivalrous knight, and went on a rescue mission, where he and only he was shot.

Know what, I'm a Cowboy fan, and I don't even know if I buy into this... *sigh*
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:40 pm

so how does that story work with the wad of $1 bills he had stashed away...not to mention what was already stashed elsewhere...lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:28 pm

Said it before, its easier to name the guys who werent involved in a shooting or other crime this off season.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:10 am

DallasNews

The naked truth: athletes shouldn't look at strip clubs

07/02/2003

Sooner or later, athletes will realize strippers or strip clubs are the fastest way to put your NFL career in jeopardy.

Former cornerback Dwayne Goodrich was the driver in a hit-and-run accident that left two people dead and another injured in January after leaving a strip club.

Now, free safety Keith Davis was shot in the arm and hip in the parking lot of a local strip club early Sunday morning.

His future in Dallas is in jeopardy.

And that’s too bad for a kid from Italy, Texas, about 50 miles south of Dallas, who had a good chance of making this roster because Dallas lacks a true free safety. The question is whether his injuries will heal in time for him to be ready for the start of training camp.

If they don’t, his career with the Cowboys is probably over.

After all, coach Bill Parcells reportedly warned his players in his first team meeting to stay away from strip clubs, and he has been adamant and consistent in saying fringe players can’t afford to be hurt.

Davis is the epitome of a fringe player.

He spent much of last season on the practice squad before the Cowboys activated him for the final five games.

He performed adequately and drew the attention of the coaching staff with his ability to ball hawk.

After improving his strength and conditioning and his knowledge of the scheme in the off-season, Davis said a few weeks ago that he was confident he would earn a roster spot because he felt so comfortable in the scheme.

Davis said he could finally play football and let his talent take over instead of wondering whether he was in the right spot.

Now, he’s reduced to hoping his wounds heal in time to let him compete.

It doesn’t really matter if he was trying to protect his girlfriend. Or whether he was picking someone up from the club.

If you’re a professional athlete and you go to a strip club for any reason in the wee hours of the morning, few good things can happen.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:46 am

IF he is telling the truth that really sux.... :,-(

but if he's lying to cover up more .... dumbass! :-t
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:48 pm

Actually something similar happened to a guy at a strip club by where i use to live. The guy came out of the bar after close and one of the dancers was being harassed by some patrons from that evening and being the galant knight and defending the strippers honour the got stabbed to death for his troubles.

I think there is a lesson to be learned here about strip bars
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:41 am

That's all we need. Another Cowboy in trouble. What are they teaching these guys at Valley Ranch? Maybe they should all be locked up before any more of them mess up. :-/

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk