Ricky Williams news - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams news

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ricky Williams news

Postby nsulham » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:32 pm

Just saw a report on the Bottom Line that Ricky's requested a hearing with the league to determine his eligibility to return this season.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:46 pm

NFL: NO! Whopper-head....

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Commish » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm

"ESPN's Hank Goldberg reports that Ricky Williams has requested a special hearing from the NFL to determine his playing eligibility for this season.
Stay tuned, but it's our understanding that Williams would not be allowed to play this year because of his violation of the league's substance abuse policy and subsequent retirement. He might be worth grabbing in the meantime to make sure. Oct. 5 - 4:24 pm et"

I don't really care if he's back this year or not (since I'm 1-3 and probably am worse than that), but I know I snagged Ricky in my 16-team keeper in the 10th round & am now pumped about that. I got dissed for the pick (still believe the owners were jealous I got a legit keeper around the 160th overall pick in a league where RB's are at a very very high premium.

If not this year, he'll be back next (Dolphins or not). He's got too much trade value at the least to help this pathetic franchise out [given they've given up a 2nd rounder (for Feeley) and 3rd rounder (for Gordon)]
Last edited by The_Commish on Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm

The NFL would probably let him back in, too. After the way they have handled the Onterio Smith suspension, nothing would shock me.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:16 pm

i just went a picked him up in my keepre leaue, imagin Portis R williams and T henry ( who will be a #1 on some team). That would be a killer punch

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Flux » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:21 pm

After everything Ricky has said, especially about smoking and masking it, he has a lot of explaining to do before the NFL would even consider letting him back in.

They dont look favorably about being made to look stupid (real hard I know).

I think there is about a 0% chance of him coming back this year. And as for next year, unless he does some serious ass kissing to the Dolphins organization, he wont be playing anywhere unless some crazy team gives up at LEAST a 1st round pick for his rights
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:54 pm

i knew he was baked out of his mind when he announced his retirement.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingNothing31685 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:59 pm

i too picked him up in my keeper league...however we only keep 3 so i dunno if i will end up keeping him anyway...right now my keepers are ahman, chad johnson, lee suggs......baring bennet's injuries.

however i believe ricky has a 3-4 game suspension looming even if he does come back.....can someone confirm this for me?
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:04 pm

if he was coming back king i am sure you would keep him.

I find it hard to believe the way Ricky left and what he said about beating the drug program, and failing his tests, that the league would be so quick to welcome him back with open arms?

And his teammates in Miami? Sure they need a feature back in the worst way, but come on. I would sure be PO'd at his dumb butt.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quickm0ng00se » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:53 pm

imagin Portis R williams and T henry

I'm faced with the same situation. I have LT2, traded for McCallister, and could pick up R.Williams. However I have no roster room, and would have to drop someone. I am thinking about J.Jones from Dal, but my league doesn't allow a ton of bench positions on my roster, and I would hate to drop someone who has a chance to be back this season and play, for someone who has zero chance of being back this year. I get to keep 4. At worst, I would be able to trade-up at QB.

T

WR/TE- A.Johnson, K.Robinson, P.Price, P.Burres
R.Williams, J.Shokey, A.Boldin
10 Team Keeper League
Last edited by quickm0ng00se on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk