Ricky Williams news - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams news

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Commish » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:23 pm

Flux wrote: And as for next year, unless he does some serious ass kissing to the Dolphins organization, he wont be playing anywhere unless some crazy team gives up at LEAST a 1st round pick for his rights

Some crazy team will give up a 1st round pick+ for Ricky. I think it's all but certain to be the Raiders (John Clayton also just mentioned them). Ricky still has 3-4 solid years ahead of him.

The Raiders are not far away from title territory with their improved D-line and O-lines and very much improving receiving core. Given another solid offseason, I think they're definitely title contenders with Ricky in the '05 season.

I love hearing Mike Ditka bad-mouth Ricky after giving up a whole draft for him.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:27 pm

Peter King said that Ricky is just trying to get back on the Fins' roster so he can serve his suspension and be scotfree for the beginning of next season. Then again Peter King said it, so take it with a grain of salt.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:57 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Peter King said that Ricky is just trying to get back on the Fins' roster so he can serve his suspension and be scotfree for the beginning of next season. Then again Peter King said it, so take it with a grain of salt.

peter king is an idiot but he is right in this case. Ricky is suspended for a year. He will not play this year 99.999999999% guaranteed. He is trying to come back this year so that he can get his suspension out of the way and be able to play sometime next season. No point in picking him up this season, that would be a waste of a roster spot.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mudd » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:13 pm

I picked him up in a 10 player keeper league.

At this point, I'd be suprised to NOT see him play next year. This year is obviously out. I'd have Duece, Ahman, Ricky, and Stephen Jackson for next season. Sounds okay to me.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:31 pm

Ricky can suck a DUCK*you know what i mean*

Left me high and dry two days before draft day in a ONE-Keeper league.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:33 am

actually, my old supervisor where i worked went to high school [Patrick Henry High, Alvarado (San Diego), CA] with Big Rick. He said he always was the stupid child he appears to be now (mental issues be damned).

Honestly... i used to like this guy... now i think he's a spoiled primadonna who doesn't give a sh*t about anyone but himself.... and a pothead at that...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby converge241 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:28 am

ricky has a 4 game suspension as soon as he comes back

he technically also should have an indefinite suspension due to retiring before he served his suspension..retiring before serving counts as another violation

as someone pointed out about the nfl allowing the dealy on onterrio as well as the craziness in the TO paperwork situation ..and the rumor that there may be paperwork issues regarding the retirement that extra suspension may never happen i picked him up in all my leagues that i had a bench spot to use to chance it..even if he does have to serve the extra suspension hes looking good in my keeper league for 05 (with the raiders?)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelyeri » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:10 am

converge241 wrote:ricky has a 4 game suspension as soon as he comes back

he technically also should have an indefinite suspension due to retiring before he served his suspension..retiring before serving counts as another violation

as someone pointed out about the nfl allowing the dealy on onterrio as well as the craziness in the TO paperwork situation ..and the rumor that there may be paperwork issues regarding the retirement that extra suspension may never happen i picked him up in all my leagues that i had a bench spot to use to chance it..even if he does have to serve the extra suspension hes looking good in my keeper league for 05 (with the raiders?)

Actually, he has a year suspension to serve. He missed a third drug test before retiring. if he isn't reinstated this year, and if he is given a harsher penalty for not serving his suspension before retiring it might be a couple of years before we see ricky back in action. I know that is worst case scenario but it's not that far of a reach IMO.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Count_Rugen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:02 am

Hmmm.

NFL will enforce all applicable rules to the letter concerning Williams. They have to, basically, since he's so high-profile.

Dolphins will welcome him back with open arms with little or no hard feelings. From outside perspective the assumption is they'd be peeved. From inside perspective, they know he is (and most players in NFL are for that matter) very young, very rich, very talented, and very confident. Anyone with those properties is bound to make stupid mistakes. They think they're kings of the world and lots of 'em don't think far enough ahead. That's why they play with broken legs and mangled knees.
Count_Rugen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:02 am

The only suspension Ricky has as of now is the 4 game suspension. The year suspension that is being discussed is the one he will get (an indefinite suspension) for retiring before serving his 4 game suspension.
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk