Possible trouble for Fred Taylor owners... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Possible trouble for Fred Taylor owners...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:42 pm

Taylor only had 6 rushing TDs last year. Greg Jones or no Greg Jones, he'll probably have a similar number this year
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:17 am

warrick95 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
warrick95 wrote:It depends, actually. We'll see how many carries Greg is given. I'd expect at least a good 5-10 a game to begin...but who knows.

First, Jones was never the greatest blocker at FSU. Well, he never had to do much of it (run blocking) and is probably extremely raw there. Pass protection is very different, but just FYI, he wasn't the greatest at that, either.

Second, it sort of depends on your league settings. In a 20/10 yardage, yes, it may result in more Taylor yards. However, in a 50/20, where TDs reign supreme, it definitely hurts.

LOL.... I've been to just about every FSU home game for the past many, many years, and those I did not attend (and away games) I most definitely watched on TV (or listened to Deckerhoff call on the radio)...

And I don't remember him doing too much lead blocking at all... But I do remember him knocking lineman and linebackers on their asses quite frequently... I could see him being a good lead blocker really easily...

Of course he's also a stud goal line back, so that might not be good for Taylor, either...

Nice to see another Noles fan. I'm a huge FSU fan, perhaps you can tell by my sn.

The part that you bolded was where I stated that he isn't the greatest pass blocker didn't mention run blocking...he didn't do either much, come to think of it. Still, his technique on pass blocking seemed subpar to me. They didn't keep him on the field during passing downs much anyway, because he doesn't have great hands.

Due to his great burst, I agree with your assessment that he can be a great lead blocker. I just don't know if that's this season, because it does take some time to get used to blocking for the RB, instead of doing the running himself. Remember that huge hit on that poor UNC kid? Absolutely lovely.

Yeah, he obliterated Dexter Reid on that run... That was quality... He did almost the same thing the Sean Taylor, as well....

On this site, towards the bottom, there are some good FSU video clips, including the hits on Reid and Taylor:

http://www.fsukxaz.com/ToddsNolePage.html

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:25 am

If you want to see some big hits by FSU players just watch the 1996 game against Florida, and wait until about 3 seconds after each play is over ;)
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:36 am

Free Bagel wrote:If you want to see some big hits by FSU players just watch the 1996 game against Florida, and wait until about 3 seconds after each play is over ;)

LOL.... I was at that game.... I loved watching Wuerfell eat turf every play and Spurrier cry... Wow... Thanks for the fond memories... I can't believe you Gators are still whining about that one 8 years later... You lost that one, just like you have 5 out of the last 6 years... I'd think you'd be used to it by now...

;-D

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:59 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:If you want to see some big hits by FSU players just watch the 1996 game against Florida, and wait until about 3 seconds after each play is over ;)

LOL.... I was at that game.... I loved watching Wuerfell eat turf every play and Spurrier cry... Wow... Thanks for the fond memories... I can't believe you Gators are still whining about that one 8 years later... You lost that one, just like you have 5 out of the last 6 years... I'd think you'd be used to it by now...

;-D

We won the one that counted that year.

*cough* 52-20 *cough*

;)
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:01 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

;-D

We won the one that counted that year.

*cough* 52-20 *cough*

;)

Yeah, and you don't see me crying about it, do you?

;)

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:06 am

I couldn't tell through that paperbag 8-o
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:11 am

Free Bagel wrote:I couldn't tell through that paperbag 8-o

-DOH! ;-D

Hey, whatchu thinking about Auburn killing Tennessee? That's gotta do wonders for your strength of schedule, huh?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mandarb » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:46 am

vdragon78 wrote:i don't think it can get any worse for Fred Taylor's owners. The guy is a bust. I can't even get a top WR for him. Nowhere to go but up. Until then he's parked on the bench.

I have a chance at getting Bruce and McNair for Taylor and Bulger ... still not sure. (10 yds rush league) Problem is at RB I have Alexander and then a bunch of question marks *sigh* Guess no consecutive title for me...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=91079
Mandarb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk