Miami WRs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Miami Dolphins

Miami WRs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miami WRs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:30 pm

TSN Receivers analysis:

The same cast returns, and there is pressure on it to produce more. Chris Chambers didn't make as many big plays as he did as a rookie. He needs to run more consistent routes and pick up the nuances of the position. James McKnight is the team's fastest receiver; he makes big plays down the field. His hands were more consistent in 2002, but they still need to be better. Oronde Gadsden is a security blanket to QB Jay Fiedler in clutch situations. TE Randy McMichael has excellent receiving skills and can run away from linebackers, making him a threat down the field. Marco Battaglia and Donald Lee are blocking factors in two-tight end sets.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yoda83 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:45 pm

i just want to say that miami has one of the crappiest WR corps in the league. and fiedler doesnt help the situation. i realize im not saying anything revolutionary.

just wanted to vent.


...McMichael's alright as far as TEs go.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 522
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby t-love » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:27 pm

Theyre not too bad. Chambers is awesome, but he would be wide open downfield and Fiedler would force it in somewhere else. I think Mcknight had a 1000 yard season in Dallas a few years ago. Derrius Thompson had a decent year for Washington last year. Gadsden is a consistent possession receiver. Mcmichael is a top 10 TE. Konrad can catch well for a RB. Their rookie Wr J.R. Tolver is said to be really polished for a rookie. The key to their passing game is going to be getting Griese in.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 458
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 8 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:43 pm

yoda83 wrote:i just want to say that miami has one of the crappiest WR corps in the league. and fiedler doesnt help the situation. i realize im not saying anything revolutionary.


That's true. But it's not stopping us from going to the Super Bowl.

Go Dolphins
Go Dolphins!!!
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 435
Joined: 5 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In a bottle of Gatorade

Postby Roseman » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:44 pm

3rdX.1 wrote:
yoda83 wrote:i just want to say that miami has one of the crappiest WR corps in the league. and fiedler doesnt help the situation. i realize im not saying anything revolutionary.


That's true. But it's not stopping us from going to the Super Bowl.

Go Dolphins


It might if they cant move the ball consistently down the field
Image
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2849
Joined: 14 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby DUKE » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:04 pm

t-love wrote:Theyre not too bad. Chambers is awesome, but he would be wide open downfield and Fiedler would force it in somewhere else. I think Mcknight had a 1000 yard season in Dallas a few years ago. Derrius Thompson had a decent year for Washington last year. Gadsden is a consistent possession receiver. Mcmichael is a top 10 TE. Konrad can catch well for a RB. Their rookie Wr J.R. Tolver is said to be really polished for a rookie. The key to their passing game is going to be getting Griese in.


I agree about Griese. I think he would make the team more threatening in the passing game, and would make their offense more complete.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Posts: 3173
Joined: 24 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreme » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:42 am

Sorry, I just don't think Fiedler or Griese is good enough to get them to the big game. There's no question they one of the best RB's and defense, but <b>the QB and WR's simply can't spread the field enough</b>, the defense will start to stack the line on Ricky. Besides, when it really comes down to it, the Fins can't play in December, when it counts.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1356
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reluctant optimism


Return to Miami Dolphins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:02 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact