Lee Suggs/William Green... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Suggs/William Green...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Suggs/William Green...

Postby Canacuna » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:58 pm

This isn't anything insanely surprising, given Butch Davis' history... but an update might have been due... I dunno.

Yahoo! Sports wrote:News and Notes

Oct 5 Suggs' excellent performance in Sunday's victory against the Redskins will force William Green to share the ball, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Recommendation: Head coach Butch Davis cited the Browns of 1985 where Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner each rushed for 1,000 yards, as evidence a system where Suggs and Green split carries can be effective.

--Courtesy of Rotowire.com...

Running back William Green started Sunday's win over the Redskins, but he didn't play at all in the second half as Lee Suggs rushed for 82 yards and a touchdown in his first game back from a neck injury. Browns coach Butch Davis said that was an oversight on his part, and he met with Green to tell him he won't let it happen again. "In retrospect, I wasn't even truly aware that it had gotten that far out of hand in the second half," Davis told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I would've loved to have given William some more runs, because he ran well. There'll be games where [Green's] going to be the hero. It's inevitable."

Views: Just when we thought Suggs had sewn up the majority of the carries in Cleveland, Davis threatens to rain on his fantasy parade. Davis compared the Suggs/Green rotation to the Browns' mid-80s tandem of Kevin Mack and Ernest Byner. Both rushed for 1,000 yards in 1985, but that was with a superior supporting class that included Bernie Kosar, several Pro Bowlers on defense, and a much better offensive line. If Davis continues to force Green into the backfield mix, it will deliver a serious blow to Suggs' fantasy value.

--Courtesy of Fanball.com...
Last edited by Canacuna on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:01 pm

Ick. That makes the CLE RB situation disgusting. I'm still stickin' with Suggs as my RB3 though.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FlcnFan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:03 pm

DAMN!!! I picked him up as a bye week fill in I hate this RBC bulls**t!!!!
"I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize."

Ron Artest-Indiana Pacers Forward
FlcnFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:08 pm

Sorry. I am not buying it. An oversight? He went with the hot back in my opinion. More often than not, it's going to be Suggs.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:10 pm

From here in Cleveland, the word is that Suggs will get the majority of carries but Green will steal a few 3 down and breather carries. Plus, if Suggs gets hot again, you will not see Green at all(Thats what happened last Sun.) Hope this helps. I will keep you guys updated and I listen to sportstalk this week
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:14 pm

Mack and Byner? That's the most laugable thing I've heard all year. ;-D

Based on Suggs' performance and alot of the quotes that I've seen from his teammates after the game, he's going to be toting the rock the majority of the time. His teammates love him. I'll see if I can dig up the quote that I was reading.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby patticus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:16 pm

that sounds friggin retarded after what i read the browns players saying about suggs.

also considering i just traded for suggs last night (stallworth and clayton).
M. Bulger
J. Jones
M. Muhammad
An. Johnson
J. Wiggins
L. Suggs
D. Givens
J. Bettis
P. Dawson
San Diego

Bench
D. Garrard
J. Chatman
Q. Morgan
J. Lewis
D. Branch
B. Leftwich
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:12 pm

I don't believe the coach speak either. If they were going to split carries, why didn't they do it last week? Give it all to one guy one week and he looks pretty decent; then decide, well it'll work better if we split carries, yeah ok.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Lung » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:22 pm

In what is possibly the silliest thing in football I've ever heard,

According to Pro Football Weekly, the Cleveland Browns are making a concerted effort to keep William Green involved in the offense. There is some speculation the team is worried about what a lack of work could do to Green's psyche.

Unfricking believable! If Suggs is better, make him the starter! If Green sucks, you have to bench him! The object is to win, not maintain player's psyches!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:50 pm

John Clayton believes Suggs will get the lion's share of the carries but Davis is trying to keep Green's head into football by making him believe he wants him to be involved in the offense.

Did anyone see the Steeler game last weekend? I believe Green played like the 1st quarter and then you didn't see hide nor hair of him after that.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk