Cardinal FB involved in Major Drugring. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cardinal FB involved in Major Drugring.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cardinal FB involved in Major Drugring.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:51 pm

Cardinal player arrested in drug trafficking ring

Carlos Miller
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 24, 2003 01:15 PM

An Arizona Cardinal player was arrested Tuesday and accused of operating a large-scale drug trafficking organization.

Dennis McKinley, 26, a second-string fullback who plays mainly on special teams, was responsible for shipping thousands of pounds of marijuana throughout the country, Phoenix police said.

Authorities accuse McKinley of being one of the chief financiers of the drug ring and say he would buy bulk amounts of marijuana from Mexican traffickers who had smuggled it into Phoenix.

Commander Joe Klima of Phoenix Police's Drug Enforcement Bureau said the marijuana would be stashed at a warehouse paid for by McKinley before it's loaded onto commercial trucks and transported to New York, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Kentucky, Texas and Virginia. The going price is about $525 a pound, authorities said.

"In New York, it can go for three times what it goes for here," Klima said.

The investigation began last August and has led to the arrest of 27 people in New York and Phoenix, and the seizure of 1,500 pounds of marijuana, 11 firearms, nine vehicles, two tractor-trailers and more than $400,000 in cash, officials said.

McKinley, who was arrested at his Ahwatukee Foothills apartment at about 6:30 a.m., was one of five people arrested Tuesday morning. Seven others have been indicted and face arrest.

McKinley, who has played with the Cardinals since 1999, attended Mississippi State University. Last year, he made $563,000, which is considered low for an NFL player.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:18 am

NO !!!

hahahaha I cant believe this.

Where does it end.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:22 am

That just goes to show these pro payers need to make more money so the don't have to fine side jobs to suplement their income :-B ...GEEZZ..if I had their life style the last thing I woud risk it on would be drug trafficking...When will they learn...
DieHardCubbie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk