Calico out 3 more weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calico out 3 more weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Calico out 3 more weeks

Postby Damageincc » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:34 pm

and possibly 8-10 more . I just cut him

Calico, who missed the first three games after tearing cartilage in his left knee in the preseason, will miss at least two to three weeks with torn cartilage in the same knee. Coach Jeff Fisher said Tuesday the Titans will send the second-year receiver for another doctor's opinion. Fisher said Calico could be out eight to 10 weeks or more if there's additional damage. Calico played last weekend in San Diego, but he was hurt again when he caught a pass in the flat, started to make a cut and went down in front of a couple defenders.

Fantasy Source spin: The MRI report reveals all. Plan on moving on without Calico, and be prepared to cut him if more damage is found.
Damageincc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:57 pm

where did you get this from?......thanks
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:where did you get this from?......thanks

The 'Cuna can help out...

Yahoo! Sports wrote:NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee receiver Tyrone Calico will miss at least two to three weeks with torn cartilage in his left knee -- another big loss for the Titans' receiving corps.

Calico missed the first three games after tearing cartilage in the same knee in the preseason. He played in Sunday's 38-17 loss at San Diego, but was hurt again when he tried to make a cut.

Coach Jeff Fisher had been optimistic that Calico might practice this week until results from an MRI late Monday night showed torn cartilage in the knee. Fisher said Tuesday the Titans will send the second-year receiver for another doctor's opinion -- and that Calico could be out eight to 10 weeks or more if there's additional damage.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:16 am

wow... just more bad news for Tennessee...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:11 am

Fisher was no more optimistic Thursday:
According to TitansRadio.com staffer Michael Wooden, Tyrone Calico's second opinion came back the same as his initial diagnosis.

"He has a medial meniscus tear," Fisher said. "In all likelihood, that's going to need to be repaired, not removed, which could put him out for an extended period of time."

When asked more specifically, Fisher said it could be as much as eight weeks before Calico could be ready to play again.

received from footballdiehards.com
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cbrowns » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:16 am

why is everyone so disappointed about this one ? Calico is not that great, and this leaves bennett to be more valuable. Not that I have bennett, but I would be pleased if I did. Silver linings gents...
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Legacy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:37 am

Bennett is available on our wire. I'd have to drop Peerless Price to pick him up. Should I do it?

QB: Culpepper, Collins
RB: Holmes, Edge, K. Jones, S. Jackson, M.Pittman
WR: J.Walker, D.Stallworth, K.Robinson, P.Price
TE: J.Witten, Dallas Clark
K: Feely, M.Anderson
Def: Baltimore, Denver
Legacy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:43 am

cbrowns wrote:why is everyone so disappointed about this one ? Calico is not that great, and this leaves bennett to be more valuable. Not that I have bennett, but I would be pleased if I did. Silver linings gents...

THANKS CUNA....

CBrowns, i am disappointed because he looked good he looked really good in that game where he went down. Mcnair during the 1st stringers shift was going to him consistently testing the guy out. And i was impressed. Impressed enough to save him on my other team. I don't impress easily. Could have been a serious #2 rb. Not like your typical sorry ass non-scoring fantasy #2-#2 WR.

BTW its like BELL nobody has really seen him but all their hopes are up. Even though he hasnt really played a lick of actual plays that matter. Its all about possiblities. Calicos Upside in that offense was very good. Oh well hes injured now and off my team.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:21 pm

Poor Calico. Oh well, he'll be great next year. :~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:12 pm

He's getting a third opinion but it looks like he's finally done for the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

Titans: Calico will likely need season-ending surgery

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, October 8, 2004

News
A second opinion from Dr. James Andrews confirmed that Tyrone Calico has a torn medial meniscus and damage to the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. The Titans wide receiver will seek a third opinion, but the conclusion will likely be the same: season-ending surgery. Titans coach Jeff Fisher estimated that surgery would sideline Calico for about eight weeks, and Calico's agent, Mike Sullivan, told The Tennessean that surgery would "most likely" end Calico's 2004 campaign.

Views
Calico is considering getting another opinion, this one from Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado—which, as Kobe Bryant found out, could lead to a whole new set of troubles if one isn't careful. The Titans signed former Cardinal Jason McAddley earlier in the week to replace Calico and recently-released Jake Schifino.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk