Calico out 3 more weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calico out 3 more weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:45 pm

Legacy wrote:Bennett is available on our wire. I'd have to drop Peerless Price to pick him up. Should I do it?

Methinks not. Neither passing game has produced, but dropping a #1 for a #2 is probably not a great idea.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:11 pm

TTTBone wrote:
Legacy wrote:Bennett is available on our wire. I'd have to drop Peerless Price to pick him up. Should I do it?

Methinks not. Neither passing game has produced, but dropping a #1 for a #2 is probably not a great idea.

The 'Cuna likes Bennett more than Price...

One reason for Peerless Price's craptacular fantasy performances is that it's been unnecessary for the Falcons to do much passin'. Atlanta has never been behind in a football game this season and have been running the ball a lot. Any passing plays are usually dump offs to RBs and TEs, or Vick just scrambles around. Ken Dorsey has just as many passin' attempts as Michael Vick in half as many games...

In the last year and a half he's never really shown that he's a capable #1 WR. He has only ten receptions this year (for 118 yards) - which is barely good enough for second on his team. The TE, Alge Crumpler leads with sixteen (and 250 yards) and the fullback, Justin Griffith is trailing Price with nine (and 123 yards). Right now Peerless Price is ridin' benches and stormin' the waiver wire.

Drew Bennett meanwhile is putting up some pretty good numbers and is being targeted a-plenty. He might not be a true "#1 WR", but he's outproducing the "True #1 WR" in Atlanta more than double. He's barely second to Derrick Mason on the team so far this season - twenty seven receptions (and 292 yards) to Bennett's twenty five (and 264 yards)... and with Tyrone Calico out for the season, he should continue to have the opportunities. The only knock on Bennett is his lack of TD production, but it's not like Price is seeing any, anyway. Drew Bennett is a solid starting WR on most fantasy teams, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby detroit_to_denver » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:22 pm

Calico makes my WRs that much more pitiful. I was hoping he would get it together in a couple weeks.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:17 pm

Canacuna wrote:
TTTBone wrote:

The 'Cuna likes Bennett more than Price...

One reason for Peerless Price's craptacular fantasy performances is that it's been unnecessary for the Falcons to do much passin'. Atlanta has never been behind in a football game this season and have been running the ball a lot. Any passing plays are usually dump offs to RBs and TEs, or Vick just scrambles around. Ken Dorsey has just as many passin' attempts as Michael Vick in half as many games...

In the last year and a half he's never really shown that he's a capable #1 WR. He has only ten receptions this year (for 118 yards) - which is barely good enough for second on his team. The TE, Alge Crumpler leads with sixteen (and 250 yards) and the fullback, Justin Griffith is trailing Price with nine (and 123 yards). Right now Peerless Price is ridin' benches and stormin' the waiver wire.

Drew Bennett meanwhile is putting up some pretty good numbers and is being targeted a-plenty. He might not be a true "#1 WR", but he's outproducing the "True #1 WR" in Atlanta more than double. He's barely second to Derrick Mason on the team so far this season - twenty seven receptions (and 292 yards) to Bennett's twenty five (and 264 yards)... and with Tyrone Calico out for the season, he should continue to have the opportunities. The only knock on Bennett is his lack of TD production, but it's not like Price is seeing any, anyway. Drew Bennett is a solid starting WR on most fantasy teams, methinks.

I totally agree. In one of my keeper leagues Price is sitting in Free agency and NOBODY is picking him up (I have Bennett in that league, btw). I was a huge supporter of Calico, but once he injured both knees I picked up Bennett in 4 leagues.

The Cuna speaks the truth.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk