Claytons value with a new QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Claytons value with a new QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Claytons value with a new QB

Postby ODOGG » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:24 pm

does Simms that new Tampa starting QB boost Clayton's value,,,he looked to clayton alot when he was in last time
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Birdman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:36 pm

I hope so!
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby foam » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 pm

Not sure, but I picked up Clayton few days ago.
foam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby allmotorjunkie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:51 pm

I thought I read that Brian Griese is starting for Tampa....Am I wrong?
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:57 pm

I didnt even know johnson was benched?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:59 pm

Johnson is benched for this week at least and Simms is starting.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:01 am

Here's the story:

ESPN.com news services
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bucs coach Jon Gruden informed Brad Johnson that Chris Simms will take over as the starting quarterback for the immediate future.

Simms was inactive Sunday against the Broncos behind Johnson and Brian Griese and there was some speculation that Gruden could go with Griese. After meeting with Johnson Monday, Gruden needed the night to think about whether or not to make a change.

Johnson was replaced by Simms a couple weeks ago after 15 plays. In four games, Johnson completed 63.1 percent of his passes for 647 yards and three touchdowns and three interceptions. His quarterback rating was 79.5, but the offense as a whole was going nowhere.

Simms gives the Bucs more mobility in the pocket, but it may be tough for him to turn around an offense in transition. He's completed 21 of 33 passes for 175 yards, a 5.3 yard per attempt average that more than a yard lower than Johnson's. He was sacked four times and doesn't have a touchdown pass.
-- ESPN.com's John Clayton
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:06 am

a tad premature I think. I would have given him another week with pittman back. either way Im starting the new orleans D this week.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:08 am

Interesting, to say the least. I have found a conflicting report from this afternoon. Unless that ESPN report is from tonight we'll have to wait a little longer until this clears up.

From RotoWire:

While Bucs head coach Jon Gruden is deciding whether to give Brian Griese the start at quarterback over Brad Johnson for Sunday's game at New Orleans, Simms is evidently not being considered as a possible starter this week, the St. Petersburg Times reports.

According to the report, Gruden met with Johnson on Monday to seek his advice on who should start next week. With the Bucs preparing to play consecutive road games against the Saints and Rams, if Gruden decides to make an immediate change, the veteran Griese will get the nod over Simms for now. However, if Gruden decides to keep Johnson at the helm for now, Simms might get the call in Week 7, when the Bucs follow those two road games with home games against the Bears and Chiefs. Griese was activated for last week's game against Denver and saw no action; Simms, the inactive third quarterback, came on to attempt a hail Mary pass on the game's final play. With all of the turmoil surrounding the Bucs' quarterback situation right now, Simms may well be the starter by the end of the season, but his time still appears at least two weeks away.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ODOGG » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 am

so does anyone feel claytons time to shine is now
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk