Making it official: Chris Simms is the new QB in TB. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Making it official: Chris Simms is the new QB in TB.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Making it official: Chris Simms is the new QB in TB.

Postby wannabthechamp » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:26 pm

PuntinFool wrote:From Rotoworld:

Chris Simms will take over for Brad Johnson as the Buccaneers' starting quarterback this Sunday.

Coach Gruden has set Simms up for success by giving him his first start at New Orleans. Expect Simms to start the rest of the season and be a slightly average QB2. The lefty showed a lot of promise and accuracy during the preseason. Considering Gruden's history with QBs, Simms has plenty of long-term upside.

The Saints don't have the best D, but I doubt Simms gets any more than 1 TD this week. Still, I dropped the mighty Quinn for him. Add him if you're desparate. :*)

Why was Quinn on your team in the first place?
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bwzabodyn » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:30 pm

Simms will be a good NFL QB... just not this year - this is being treated as a full-force learning experience for Simms/Clayton in an attempt to start the rebuilding in the middle of the season - the Bucs are already out of the playoff picture, so they might as well start grooming their QB of the future with some well-deserved PT...
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Making it official: Chris Simms is the new QB in TB.

Postby PuntinFool » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:27 pm

wannabthechamp wrote:
PuntinFool wrote:From Rotoworld:

Chris Simms will take over for Brad Johnson as the Buccaneers' starting quarterback this Sunday.

Coach Gruden has set Simms up for success by giving him his first start at New Orleans. Expect Simms to start the rest of the season and be a slightly average QB2. The lefty showed a lot of promise and accuracy during the preseason. Considering Gruden's history with QBs, Simms has plenty of long-term upside.

The Saints don't have the best D, but I doubt Simms gets any more than 1 TD this week. Still, I dropped the mighty Quinn for him. Add him if you're desparate. :*)

Why was Quinn on your team in the first place?

Wow, so nice of you to ask! 2 QB start league, 12 teams, I drafted Green, Garcia, and Grossman hoping for the best. .5/3 have worked out. Let's just say I was, and am, one of the desperate. :-o
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk